Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone else not seeing many deer in PA?

Old 10-26-2003, 08:49 PM

Default RE: Anyone else not seeing many deer in PA?

Been seeing them here and there. Should be great this week on [8D]
Old 10-27-2003, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, I have been seeing quite a bit fewer deer this season than in past years. Part of that I attribute to the increased doe harvest in the last two or three years and part I attribute to last year' s ice storm in January. The ice storm caused many trees, bushes, etc.. to bend over for extended periods of time which in turn made them grow in that direction thus closing trails typically used for many years.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

I would have to agree with PA Bowhntr about the trees we got the same thing only it happened here 4 times last season. we spent nearly a week just clearing the aceuss roads. It also seamed to hurt the hard mast crop.

J
Old 10-27-2003, 08:04 AM

It appears to me that since we had that early cold spell, the deer changed their habits early. I too had not seem many does, only bucks and mostly they were spikes or 6 pointers. The early rut has also started and things changed. This week the weather again went from cold to warm, and some deer went back to earlier habits.

Old 10-27-2003, 09:19 AM

Ran some numbers this morning. First 3 weeks of the season I have seen anterless deer 50x and bucks 14x and have shot 2 doe so far.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:49 AM

From what I am seeing they are in the corn still. Was out the other day and luckily they were cutting corn on the next farm and the deer were running all over the place. Saw 3 buck and a bunch of does, made for an exciting hunt, especially for my 5 year old son who was with me.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anybody noticed that the deer population in up state Pa has dropped due to the bad winter that we had last winter???
Old 10-28-2003, 04:53 AM

The deer population in the upper tier counties dropped years ago when the PGC started issuing 25 -30k doe tags per county.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:05 AM

I haven' t seen much from the stand my scouting has been very productive. I just can' t seem to get the right wind to hunt the hot spot. My alternative stand has been horrible 3 days out and only have seen 1 deer. The worm will turn. Rut is coming soon. And hot stand should get some action I have been saving it for this time of year.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:53 AM

not seeing much deer in NJ either. where I hunt I would see about a dozen or so every day. but only 8 in the past week. Bummer[:' (]

Quick Reply: Anyone else not seeing many deer in PA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.