Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting?

Old 10-15-2003, 09:17 PM

Default RE: Sunday hunting?

The printable version is out at that link. If you really care, print a couple or just one and drag it to a copy center and start showing others how silly it is that PA still isn' t moving to strike this 17th century law from the books in 2003.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

I think the no hunting on Sunday is a joke as well. I' ve talked to some folks and it seems the general feeling is that it gives " certain people" a day to go for a hike or walk their dogs without having to worry about being shot. I' ve hunted WMA' s and seen plenty of " people" walking their dog' s 7 days a week though. The funny part is they always seem to walk their dogs at sunrise and sunset, and no matter how much blaze orange you have on these " people" always seem to walk right by/under your stand without seeing you.

Massbowhunter
Old 10-16-2003, 07:54 AM

i' m all for hunting on sundays , the only problem with it imo is there would probably be more people out in the woods ,but that could be good to in some instances!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I see people walking their dogs and even riding horses on Saturday while I' m on stand. It doesn' t seem to bother them at that time. Like I said, if they are worried about disturbing the peace, I don' t think a bow would bother anyone.

Here' s some food for thought: The game commission is always saying about how they are trying to reduce the buck to doe ratio, especially in the special reg. areas, but when most people that do hunt can hunt, it' s forbidden. That makes no sense. We are the ones paying the high costs for the liceses and it seems like our cries fall on deaf ears.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:38 PM

I agree with the sunday hunting. Most of the time it is the only time that i can hunt. I am now going to school in utah, and am able to hunt on sundays. whoopee. But i am suprised, with all of these mormons, we can still hunt on sundays. And PA isn' t a very religious state. Im from the north east.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a good post Joe D. Those links are very informative. I have to wonder why the law makers want to avoid this topic so badly. What don' t we know?
Old 10-17-2003, 11:55 AM

In maine according to a warden I had spoken with a couple of years ago the deer harvest was at the total # of animals taken that the biologist said was healthy for the heard. If they opened Sunday to hunting they would have to shorten the season to off set the # of animals harvested on Sunday. It' s a lose lose situation. longer season w/o Sunday hunts or shouter season with Sunday hunts. I' m lucky enouth to live close the New Hampshire so I can hunt Sundays as a non resident.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure would be nice to have 2 days a week to hunt all day if I wanted. It gets frustrating rushing home from work on weekdays to get that last hour or two of hunting before dark.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:23 PM

I would love to hunt on Sundays.

I used to live in Idaho, great hunting on Sundays there. Then I lived in Ohio, after I left they made it legal to hunt on Sundays. (after people complained enough, it did work for them.) Apparently being the " squeaky wheel" actually does get you greased!

Now I have been in Maine for 15 years, but I can' t hunt on Sundays,....still!
Old 10-17-2003, 02:00 PM

Hunting on Sundays would be awsome... It would be nice for a college student like me to be able to visit the woods more than 2 or 3 times a season

Quick Reply: Sunday hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.