Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny hunters! is it spring yet?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was born and raised in NYS. Beautiful state ..... run by morons and Libtard Demmycraps who are very eager to collect and spend your money. So glad I bolted years ago!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:21 AM
Fork Horn

Saw three jakes yesterday...in amongst the geese. First time ive seen turkeys since about a month ago when i saw 14 gobblers all flocked up. Most were gobblers with a few jakes in there.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Spike

The turkeys are already stating to talk. I was out early Sat morning and saw three tom's with a about 8 - 10 hens and two of the tom's were gobbling like mad. I know it doesn't feel like spring but once you hear that it's just a matter of time.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

I've got a few jakes hanging around the house/driveway these last couple weeks. Every once in a while a gobble rings out.

Let's talk about the deer- last weekend it looked like every deer in the county was in the field up the road-better than 2 dozen grazing.

Last evening I stopped by my friends house- his herd barely moved out of my way as I rolled down the driveway; while we stood and talked there were deer all around us, feeding or just staring at us, some not more than 10 yards away!

These deer are glad to see the snow & ice melt.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Spike

20 more days cant wait