Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Got my doe tonight

Old 09-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Got my doe tonight

http://community.webshots.com/user/joejersey

Click on hunting
Here is my doe from tonight. About 90 lbs.

I got in the stand about 4. I was in my bottleneck stand where 2 wood lots come toghether. About 5:30 I hear something behind me. I turned to look atleast 3 times only to see nothing. Finally I hear a twig snap. I turned to see her sneeking in. I could not shoot with her broadside so I waited till she was quartering away. I aimed at the last rib and released. Perfect shot! She ran off and disappeared. I waited 30 minutes and climbed down. I walked to where I hit her(11 yds). I followed the blood for 20 yds and then found the arrow. 20 more yds and there she lay. Arrow hit the last rib and penetrated through opposite shoulder. The thunderhead 100 took out a lung and the heart.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Got my doe tonight

Way to go Jersey Joe, but I was unable to see the pics. It says that an error occured because I' m " not the owner of this photo album" ...
Old 09-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

link fixed...thanks Jimbo
Old 09-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on the doe.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome! Now you can concentrate on the bucks. I didnt make it out but am planning to this weekend. We do not have earn a buck in Zone 2 so there is no rush. Good luck,
Old 09-28-2003, 08:00 PM

Great job. Glad to see someone is seeing some does. I haven' t had much luck with any does this year. The ones I see are either small, or covered by brush. The one area I' m hunting, looks great, but hasn' t put anything in front of me exept a small 4 pointer. It' s the only deer I' ve seen in this spot so far. Such great sign and looks so good. Man, I need to get a doe soon. I' ve seen lots of bucks though. Bet the bucks dissapear after I get my doe though! Zone 51 has been a little quiet.