Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Hunting Land

Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Spike

Default Maryland Hunting Land

I'm new here on this forum but belong to several other forums. I've been hunting hard for a new hunting lease in Baltimore County or Carroll County MD. I'm with a small group of hunters, two dad and son teams and one lady. I've been knocking on doors sending letters (tons of letters). I even have people calling me telling me they appreciate the letter but they do not allow hunting or there land is already leased. I would appreciate any leads at all. I know some of the guys on here are probably hunting for property as well but you never know maybe someone can help.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's been over ten years...

since I drove the area, but an internet search showed me, "Carroll County is a part of the Baltimore metropolitan area and the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. While predominantly rural, the county has become increasingly suburban in recent years".

I don't know if you're trying to fit square pegs into round holes, but a mentor of mine told me decades ago, that I'd probably end hunting as I was moving to a big city area. He had seen it happen to others. I learned to drive outside large metropolitan areas to hunt and hunt alone in close-in areas. In the latter case, I never found an area for five people.

But that's my experience. I'm old and I accept square pegs and round holes. Good luck.