Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny hunters

Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default ny hunters

how is the deer hunting in ,Schoharie County New York thinking of leasing land there
Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure. If it's like Steuben, some areas have good #'s and some not great. Sounds like more legwork / homework is needed.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted there many years ago. I am about 30-40 mins east of there. Everyone that I have spoken to in NY this year seems to be having a hard hunt. Some guys are getting their deer but from what I hear - this is the worst year we've had in years. I normally fill my buck tag the first week of the season or shortly after. I haven't seen a buck yet and now we are into our BP season here until Dec 18th. Not sure what is going on here this year! ????
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Spike

Schoharie is pretty good.....I live and hunt the Albany/schoharie border area (4g & 4h) and our group generally does real well. It matters if the area your looking into is anywhere near farm lands.....that really bumps up the amount of deer in a particular area there.
I shot my first bear in Schoharie this year also.