Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

anybody ready for MD bow season.

Old 09-05-2003, 07:12 AM

Default RE: anybody ready for MD bow season.

Dave H, you' re going next weekend? Doesn' t the season start the 15th?????

I' m set, I' ve taken two does with a crop damage permit already so the meat is in the freezer. I have a nice 8 pointer that' s been coming out in a field at the same place every time. Just depends on if he comes out or not. I' m planning on setting up my climber about 50 yds off the field on that trail during the first good wind we have.

Good luck everyone!!!!![8D]
Old 09-06-2003, 05:22 PM

no matter who you are or where you hunt ,check all your equipment ,make sure it is safe to use,and always use your safety belts. thanks,badboy [email protected]
Old 09-07-2003, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Solax--I get to start on the 15th like everyone else--unless I want to use the crop damage permits I have. Probably will have to wait until the 15th since I' m working 10 days straight right thru the 14th!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:53 AM

Dave H, re-read your post and next week (this week) your switching to seconds. I get it now. I read it as: counting the minutes until next week.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:29 PM

Called this morning and got my reservation for the first day at my favorite managed hunting area. Equipment is ready and so am I. Good luck to everyone this year.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:05 PM

Can it take any longer for Monday to get here????
Old 09-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Spike

5 MORE DAYS CANT WAIT..
Old 09-11-2003, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

I' m losing it!!! One can only watch videos and the Outdoor Channel for so long!!!
I envy our ancestors who could hunt anytime they wanted to. Last years meat is depleted. Time to hunt!!! I need to feel that cool morning air against my cheek and the adrenelin pumping through my veins. I need to feel my heart jump in my chest at the sound of something walking in the leaves near my stand. I need to see that first deer step into range and feel the worry spread over me that the deer will see/smell me before I can release that deadly arrow into its' vitals. I need to see my pin settle in behind the front shoulder and feel my finger settle in on the trigger of my release. I need to feel the bow release and hear that hollow " thud" of my arrow penetrating the lungs of my prey. I need to hear the crash of my prey falling just out of sight. I need to shake so badly after the shot that I have to sit down to collect myself.

Yeah, I' m ready!!

Best of luck, boys and girls!! God bless America and God bless the bowhunter.

Slice
Old 09-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Wishing all you guys great success!

I only wish I knew of places in MD to Hunt...lol, I reside in northern va. Well as for me the season opens on Sept 20th Urban deer special archery in FairFax County Va.

I' m waiting to hear back from a few land owners who gave a nod, but I need more then just that a piece of paper stating I can hunt the properties. Other then that it' s waiting til Oct. 4th for all of Virginia
Old 09-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Grizzly,

Have you checked into Fort Meade (North Tract)? Take 295 to 198 east about two miles, then make a right onto Bald Eagle Drive (I believe) and go to the check station on the right after 1/4 mile. It is 8,600 acres, and during bow season, you can get into any area you want. The only time you' d have to preregister (they do have quotas per area) is during the gun opener. They instituted a 6 or better bucks rule last year that should start producing some big ones. It does cost $40 (last year it did, anyway), and you have to pass a proficiency test. If you fail, you merely try again until you pass.

My cabin shell is finished in West Virginia, and I will have to make quite a few trips taking furniture down and cutting wood, insulating and wiring, etc. so might only hunt a few times in Maryland with my buddies in Charles and PG Counties this year.

Quick Reply: anybody ready for MD bow season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.