Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season Opener

Old 09-29-2003, 11:09 AM

Default RE: DE Archery Season Opener

Excellent Adam...Good Job!

Lemond, the buck sign all led to a thick pine patch jutting out into a hardwood section. Most rubs were within 100 yards of the pines. I could here him working over some rubs Sat.

Calling for a possible frost Fri or Sat
Old 09-29-2003, 05:23 PM

debob..i will have to scout better. 6pt if u are hunting the hamilton square area, i think there are a ton of deer up there???

guys, let' s keep this going and the first sign of bucks chasing does in DE...let everyone know.

thanks
Old 09-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was chopping cornstalks all day along rt 9 in front of the Allee house and saw several deer. A small forked buck came out into the field and watched me was about20 yards away and walked alongside the tractor, when I came back around he was still there and jogged across in front of me on the tractor of course then walked off into some tall grass. Duckmastor we might be getting that corn earlier than I said, I will let you know possibly a day or 2 ahead if possible. Maybe early next week.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:41 AM

Thanks Ron, that would be great! The boss is off all next week so my work schedule is a little more flexible. If you all start early in the morning, I can easily catch the 24 hour flu for the day!

I' m heading down this afternoon. The wind sucks for pretty much all my spots but its the only day I can get off this week. Better than sitting in the office.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scott if you get down again I am chopping stalks along rt 9 by the Allee house stop and ride a couple rounds with me, saw a few deer today about 5 or so, they are not chasing does yet, but with this little cool spell I would expect it at any time...
Old 09-30-2003, 07:47 PM

Ron, I should have cut corn with you, I' d have been more productive. The leased farm has gone cold. Very little sign and the deer arent hitting the corn I put out. Guess they are just hanging closer to fields that actually have food in them. The woods I hunt there doesnt have many Mast producing trees so it cant draw deer away from fields with crop. Its basically a transition sight between food sources. If they stay at the food sources all day, its VERY slow. Now once the smoke pole guys get out and then the rut kicks in, the deer move more through the area. I dont think i' ll be hunting that spot for a while. At least 2 week and maybe even after muzzle loader. Thats when I saw the most action last year.

I have the perfect ambush spot planned for when the corn comes down at the Ennis Tract. But the way things have been going for me this year, I' ll either have to work or it' ll rain like a b@stard that day...... [X(]