Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season Opener

Old 09-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DE Archery Season Opener

Nice deer DEBob! Congrats on a fine animal.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:52 PM

debob...looking at the base...nice deer. last night at the angle of the other pic i couldnt really see what i am seeing in this pic. good shot. have u seen any deer that are bigger than that in your area???
Old 09-07-2003, 06:04 PM

Nice Deer DEBob! Also nice to see the 1st kill report of the year. I was out of town Saturday and missed this nice cool blast, but this weeks looking good and I' ll be out Tuesday evening and Thurdsay morning. Hope something like what you got there wanders by me at 18 yds! But a nice fat doe would as well!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:26 AM

DEBob, beautiful deer, congrats. Gonna make a nice mount.
I was out Friday and Sat, saw some deer, but nothing too eager to become venison. Sure was nice to see that first flash of brown coming through the trees up ahead.
DEBob, what little I know I' d be happy to share. Send me an email.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:48 AM

Thanks everybody! I truly appreciate the congratulations!

Ron, Nope...that' s a Kent County buck...Sussex County bucks are much bigger[:-]! Were you at Eric and Jeff' s home farm? If so, that' s a pretty place! Tell them I said Hi next time you see them...been awhile since I visited with either one!

Sika, EMail is on the way!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats DEBob. He' ll look great hanging on the wall!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:38 PM

Hey Ron,

Got your business card. Yes that was me out, but no luck. All was quiet. It was nice to finally get a good wind for one of my ambush spots, just wish it wasnt blowin so hard! Cant have it all I guess.

Was in a good spot right up against the marsh. I was on the ground right off a trail that was being well used before the season started. The stand though in the area is popular so lord knows how many people have been tramping around since 9/1. The F&G guys nailed the clip boards to the sign in boards and removed the old sheets so there' s know way too tell how much pressure is being applied and where. The draw backs of hunting public land.

On a good note, the private place I hunt is being hit hard (by deer, not people) and it looks like Thursday morning I' ll finally have a good wind for a hunt. Put out some more corn today and my hopes are up! I' ll you all know how it turns out.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scott I was just leaving work about 7;20 lwhen I stopped , if I had not been so tired I would have waited for you , but I was beat , 2 12 hour days cleaning wheat for fall planting. not llwhere you were but planting about 1500 acres everywhere else. We are not allowed to chase geese off wheat on state lands so we dont put it there., they can decimate a wheat fiield in short order... It was cool and windy tonight, great lfor bow hunting.. Sometime this fall stop at the grain dryer North of you on Rt 9 the white with green trim buildings , I should be around there some... When we get ready to pick that cornfield I will give you a heads up, always deer running around there when we are shelling corn,
Old 09-10-2003, 08:57 PM

hunted...nothing this evening...a couple of does, but not in range

when will the acorns come into effect?? next month???
Old 09-11-2003, 06:04 AM

lemond,
White oaks (rounded leaves) will come into effect next year. They generally have a two to four year cycle and rarely produce heavy each year. Last year being a bumber crop, don' t expect many white oak acorns ' til nexted year. Reds (pointed leaves) produce each year and are falling now...I' ve never done well over them though but hear from others who have. Willow oak, overcup and post oaks are alos dropping now.

I' d put more faith in beech nuts and persimons this year. Cedar Swamp is littered with Beech trees/

Quick Reply: DE Archery Season Opener

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.