Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW JERSEY- lets change some things!

Old 08-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NEW JERSEY- lets change some things!

I then take it back about more deer than ever . Maybe what I should have said is that I' m seeing more deer now than ever. I doubt the longer season has any bearing on it because tjhe deer have always been and probably always will be scarce in the neck of woods I hunt in Jan. & Feb. once again sorry for the mis interpretation of what I printed and what I meant.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

I think that if you ask most Jersey hunters, they would agree that the overall quality of the hunt has decreased over the last 10 years due to a combination of development and increased regulations. I think that the the extended Permit season is the single greatest factor besides development that has hurt the quality of deer hunting in my Zone. We have people shooting does/buttons/shed bucks all thru Jan in ZOne 2. Guess what, the following year there are less deer and of course less quality bucks around.

Before I keep going, I just wish the state would review the never ending permit season and try to model our season around succesful shotgun states such as ILL.

Enough said. Let' s get hunting this Fall!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 10:09 PM

I' ve come to the conclusion that the state really doesn' t give a hoot. I haven' t even received as much as a reply to comments and suggestions regarding game management that I have sent in to the division.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Spike

Hello folks. LIQUIDORANGE Where do you hunt that offers 6 birds with Dogs for 50 dollars? I am interested. I agree that the state rips us off when it comes to Pheasant and Quail. STEALTHY_BOWMAN.... I also agree that the state doesn' t give a hoot about anything but money. Money is the bottom line. If we Sportsmen didn' t supply the huge amount of money that the State makes from us I beleive that the Political a$$ wipes in trenton would end all hunting in our State.............

Old 09-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

try g&r game farm in jackson n.j. . the last time i was there they offered different packages and limit the amount of hunters at a time. for the money the chuckars provided fast action but you can order up what you like. pheasants or quail also. its a mixture of woods and fields and they have there own dogs. they hunt i believe from september till march. i figure if im gonna pay to hunt birds the state wont get my money. i can go with family and friends with no others hunting nearby. it costs a little more but worth it to me.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup, us new jersians get bent over when it comes to those stupid permits. i am 17 and have to save all year to buy those permits, liscenses, and we wont even get into turkey season. i hate nj
Old 09-01-2003, 07:13 PM
jbc

they should also combine the hunting courses to include rifle and shotgun together!
They do. You can now get your bow, shotgun and muzzloader class in one day.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

what i meant was one single class not two seperate. in the past for instance while hunting you could shoot a slug which is a single projectile and not need to take a seperate rifle course. muzzleloader is a single projectile (except for shotgun types for small game) i didnt need the state to show me how to operate it. if you hunt rifle in maine, pennsylvania, or new york and buy a hunting liscense they only ask for your hunting liscense and no extra rifle certification because its covered in there courses all in one so i cant understand why other than CHARGING~! for an extra rifle permit they would still seperate the shotgun from the rifle. [X(] you can tell the state feels guilty about this because they designed the rifle permit so we only have to purchase it every 2 years. thats supposed to make us feel better[] so lets stay united jersey hunters and keep PAYING AND PAYING AND PAYING.