Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 08:51 AM

Default RE: PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!!

HOLLY CRAPOLY GUYS[] What a mess!!!!!

I just go to Sports Authority - show them my Drivers Lic - pay my $$ - and get a print out of all my permits - doe' s - buck - bear - turkey - Management etc. etc.

over and done in 5 min.

I feel for you[&:]
Old 08-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Whay does over the counter Tags mean ??? I go to wallmart and buy something and pay them I recieve the item over the counter. I dont expect they will send it to me in the mail at my expense some month later. The second sale of over the counter sales in the unlimted units did not work that way in some county treasures office, People took off work stood in line for hours then there appllication was thrown in a box and told with the proper stamps if choosen ,it will arive in 3 weeks. Good grief If I bought a hamburger at burger king over the counter and recieved it thru the mail in 3 weeks I would starve ,then die of spoiled meat.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:36 AM

Again, why do you need the anterless tag NOW? You don' t. Your application is in. You will receive it before the season starts.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

T,

Just out of curiousity, what can you come up with against starting the entire doe application process earlier than the first Monday in August?

Genuninely curious not being argumentative.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

T, I don' t NEED it any earlier than the start of archery, but I don' t see what takes 6+ weeks. Some people get their tags back before the first round of surplus can be applied for. Some, myself and many others, don' t receive a tag until a week before the season. There' s inconsistancy and for no good reason. If some of the CT' s can get those tags out early then they all should be able to. I just want it back for convenience sake. I had to buy my license in July so I could apply in August....why does it take ~7 weeks for me to get my tag back? As it stands right now my check hasn' t been cashed and I haven' t received my application back. What' s the deal? Did I fill something out wrong? I doubt it, but it' s possible. I did go over the almighty checklist on the back and everything matched up. Why isn' t there a better system in place? All this paper through the mail cannot be the most efficient way!

Rack-Attack, I wish it were that simple here. You have to buy a back tag and then " accessorize" with a bunch of other tags. Doe tags have to be sent in to Harrisburg, then back to a county treasurer in the WMU you' re in, then back to you! You must get a seperate tag for muzzleloder, archery, migratory game bird, and Federal duck stamp if you wish. None of these additonal tags are neccessary unless you want to hunt those seasons. Doe tags are first come first served lottery. All other tags are unlimited in quantity which means everyone that wants a license will get one, but only one. The back tag is your buck tag. You are allowed one buck per year....doesn' t matter what season. ONE, period. Archery tag only gives you the right to hunt in archery season with archery tackle....no deer tag of any kind. Same with muzzy.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

T_in_PA2, The point is over the counter is over the counter. They line up with all the other rotten lying politicians in this country. I was raised to say what I will do and do it no matter what. And no I have no guarantee I will recieve them tags. If they get to some guys application that dropped it off a 4:59 ,mine that I stood 2 1/2 hours for and they run out and give the last to the later dude I dont get one. Good if he does,but over the counter is that over the counter. It is the principal!!!! This country and families are based on truth and principals. And in my opinion the Politicians,federal , local including the PGC would not know if they tripped over a pile of truth and principals . Dont get me started on The PGC ,them cowards stopped and stoled a Iowa set of horns off my house wall a month ago. Did not have enough gonads to knock and inquire where they were from. They did not contact me ,give me a citation for what ever.But they called the local cops to tell them incase I reported a theft it was them. My son in law is a cop here. COWARDS. They had no right to do that. They dont own every deer in the country. Plus any idiot could of seen it was a midwestern deer. Just like 4 years ago I had a commercial store bought fur collar on the porch. I was trying to get the moth ball smell out of it. It had a store label in it from the forties. The same idiot had my wife in tears ,threatening to take her to jail for a illegal fur. All took place on the first day of bow season.They had nothing better to do??? It took a mature warden from Chester county to tell the idiot it was a fake mink fur collar sold at Saks of fifthe of avenue. I dont much respect them at all. There are some good ones,but the higher big wigs are nothing but political pawns trying to make a name for themselves. This dude did ,its called a idiot and theif.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:43 PM

quote]what can you come up with against starting the entire doe application process earlier than the first Monday in August? [/quote]

Not sure I' m following you here PA. Are you asking me what I have against starting the application process before August?

Jason,
There are 67 different county treasurer offices in the state. Each have different workloads and the resources to handle them. I' m sure that one ct office can handle the applications quickly while others cannot because of other duties that come first. I don' t see what the problem is as long as you get your tag before archery season starts.

Cardeer,
If the county took your application and you get a tag in the mail, what' s the problem? Does Chester Co.( or whatever county you went to) have the resources to commit people to nothing but processing anterless tags while people wait? Probably not. Again, there is other business that needs done that day. It' s called priorities and anterless tags are not one for that day. The collect the applications and will mail out the tags before October.

Beyond that it seems like you have some other issues of your own.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, exactly.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think most of you are missing the point of the thread. A few facts.
1. A whole bin full of applications sitting in the post office because the LABLE FELL OFF.
2. Only so many tags issued per WMU.
3. There are already WMU' s that are sold out.
4. If there is something wrong they leave no time for corrections.

It' s not a hard process, any rock can figure it out. The point is not knowing until it' s too late. Oh and by the way the C/T' s have not been cut out of the picture completely, they still get a cut of the fees. I also don' t see the point of having to mail the application to Harrisburg, just to get forwarded to the appropriate C/T for each WMU. Either let the PGC do it from a central location or let the C/T' s do it.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

They cashed my check for the first one ..Bill

Quick Reply: PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.