Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA - 40 Days till Archery

Old 09-12-2003, 06:45 AM

Default RE: PA - 40 Days till Archery

I' m w/ you Jason. I finished my shooting lanes and marking my trails to get to my spots in the dark not too long ago. Found a few rubs this week and getting excited.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:32 AM

Jason thanks for continuing what I started. I can' t believe we are just 3 weeks away from the opener. At least Cabelas opens in a week and I can at least roam the store in awe. That will only make my adreniline flow even more making the final 2 weeks leading up to the season that much more anxious.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem.....it' s just a daily dose of " one day closer" for everyone. I might start a new thread with a week or two to go.....get everyone that doesn' t bother to look at this thread all pumped up with a week to go. As if we all need to see this to get excited about archery season![&:]
Old 09-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not a bad idea. You can title it...." Now that Cabelas is open and archery is just around the corner...."

The only thing I really have left to do is find a really solid evening stand. I am putting the Stealth cam out tonight at a potential spot. More in the days to follow.....

Old 09-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

21 Days!

I may very well cut and paste that, Frank![:-] Seems fitting, I wish there was a Cabela' s around here though. Dundee, MI is still closer for me.....well, about the same. I' ll start driving to SE PA just for the support of my home state. Probably won' t see the place until next spring though.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:30 AM

20 days and counting, we have a place around here that if you didn' t know better you would think it was cabelas as a matter of fact it was supposed to ,however the owner (same guy that own 84 lumber ) got into a disagreement with the cabelas people from what i heard and told them to beat it , and he opened it up anyway , i was impressed !! to say the least the prices are a little high on some stuff ! anyway it' s called woodland outdoor world , it' s on rt 40 in farmington ,pa

Old 09-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just there last week! what a cool place. Really close to Laurel Caverns and Laurel Highlands resort. Their prices are a bit high, but they run some good deals. When i was there there was a BuckShot Centershot climbing stand for around 190 bucks. They also have some impressive statues outside (such as anatomically correct 15 ft to the back sparring bucks) and some impressive mounts (full body mount bison being shot by an american indian riding a full body mount horse).

It' s definatly worth the ride. I spent more time looking at the building and mounts then i did looking at the merchandise.

They also have a gun museum which is pretty darn cool. Intresting thing about it is that 99% of the guns in the museum were bought from a private collector. I' ve never seen so many guns in my life. They even have an 8 gauge shotgun on display. I can' t say that many people have ever seen an 8 gauge.

http://www.woodlandsoutdoorworld.com

I have some pictures of the Buck statues and when the film in my camera gets developed I will post it here.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

19 DAYS!!!!!

That place sounds cool! I' m definetly interested in seeing those pics!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have never heard of it either though thanks for the link. I am taking a half day on Thursday so I can head out to Cabelas to take some pics and buy something inexpensive on the first day that the store is open.

The best time of the year is almost here......
Old 09-15-2003, 02:07 PM

just a word to the wise if anyone is considering going to outdoor world go before thursday 9/18 there is a pga tournement that is starting on thursday and it' s a one lane highway in and out (unless you know the back roads ) they are expecting 80,000 people traffic WILL be awful ! sunday is the final round

Quick Reply: PA - 40 Days till Archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.