Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in pa.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by reubj
Maryland has been experimenting with Sunday DEER hunting for the past few years on private land only. No uproar here. Not many hunters seem to be taking advantage of it. MD has tons of deer!
see if you can find out WHY they are not hunting sunday.i see lots of MD hunters here in my area of pa.why would MD hunters come to pa when MD has lots of deer?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sproulman
see if you can find out WHY they are not hunting sunday.i see lots of MD hunters here in my area of pa.why would MD hunters come to pa when MD has lots of deer?
I dunno why they'd do that, I'm looking into going to Maryland this next season!!
-Jake
Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I support increased Sunday hunting.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

"private land"
Old 02-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Spike

I don't know. Depending which part of MD is hunted a person could take up to 12 deer each for bow, muzzeloader, and firearms seasons. That's a lot of venison!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Let me set you all straight about Maryland. It is just like Pa. You better have private property to hunt. I hunted there for years and when they started in on the extra doe killing that was the end of hunting there. The last time I went there (Indian Springs, a couple thousand acres) was the first day of rifle. At 12:00 o'clock I heard 3 fast shots. That was all for the whole day and it was buck or doe. That was about 15-20 years ago and I never went back. I have been hunting West Virginia about 20 years and they dabbled in Sunday hunting (Private property only) for a few years. Sunday hunting is now rescinded in almost the whole state, maybe all of it. Apparently something did not work out there?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Spike

How can you "set us all straight" about MD when you haven't hunted there in 15 -20 years?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

You seem a little slow so I will try to explain it better. Maryland started herd reduction before Pennsylvania did. Maryland's HR program is 20 times worse than in Pa. Do you see "Tons" of deer running around in Pa. since the Game Commission started HR ?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Spike

I guess I am slow because I don't have a clue as to what you are babbling about.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
You seem a little slow so I will try to explain it better. Maryland started herd reduction before Pennsylvania did. Maryland's HR program is 20 times worse than in Pa. Do you see "Tons" of deer running around in Pa. since the Game Commission started HR ?
if herd numbers are hurting in PA,
maybe the problem is with herd management, and not sunday hunting? since there is no sunday hunting in PA.

cant speak for MD, but hunt PA and NY,
NY with sunday hunting and higher pop 18 mil to PA's 12 mil population,
NY offers similar if not better hunting oppurtunities than PA even with sunday hunting.
also small game hunting i have seen is much healthier in NY than PA,
can flush grouse every 15 minutes in various places in NY,
while in PA lucky if i flush 1 per hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.