Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA' s new orange proposal

Old 08-20-2003, 02:03 PM

Default PA' s new orange proposal

[>:]

Just wondering what other hunters from PA thought of the new orange laws proposed by the PGC for next year. Archers, turkey hunters and muzzleloaders will be required to wear 250 square inches of blaze orange both while moving and while on stand. What' s the point? It isn' t like we have much of a hunting accident problem. The responsible hunters in our state shouldn' t have to suffer the consequences of the mistakes a few careless jackasses make. Most of these problems cant be solved with blaze orange anyway.

I don' t think you' ll be seeing me in orange any time soon.

Let' s here your thoughts.

Tyler
Old 08-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA' s new orange proposal

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

We were talking about this issue a few weeks ago.........yeah this proposal is getting " Wonderful" reviews from guys like me.[:@][X(]

Old 08-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only Time ull see me in orange is fall turkey , and rifle? muzzleloader , and in smokepole season i wear a hat thats it. Otherwise why even put camo on????i give this orange proposal a thumbs down.[>:]
Old 08-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

that will definitely hamper concealment during turkey season ,
and isn' t orange one of the attractant colors of the female turkey that we were warned about wearing during turkey season ??
Old 08-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

It' s so petty that if passed, it will make it illegal to wear a orange hat with a logo on it. The hat will have to be solid orange, no camo orange, no logo...YES that is how it reads and when asked, the response to the NWTF is well, we' ll leave decision for the field officers and you know what that means.....FINES!
Old 08-21-2003, 06:28 AM

I have the same thoughts as everyone else at this point - hate it. Make sure that you write to game commission letting them know your thoughts.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

And the PGC wonders why they get such a bad rap. " Interpretation of the officer" translates to: If I' m having a good day you might ge to keep your weapon. If I' m having a bad day I' ll be taking everything you own and writing citations for any minor infraction that I can manufacture.

I really like what the Deer Management section is doing, but other than that I really dislike the PGC and especially the power hungry deputies and wardens.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-21-2003, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would be curious to see if anyone is actually " for" it. I think you made my point exactly in that there really is not any justifiable reason to institute it. I could see if there was a major safety issue but the last time that I checked there wasn' t.

I am strongly against it. More so than just about any other proposal I have seen in recent years.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe a better proposal would be to require that all treestand hunters must wear a safety harness. That would drop the number of accidents in most areas. We all see it in the newpaper every year about some hunter falling out of his stand and breaking his back or neck or dead.

Quick Reply: PA' s new orange proposal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.