Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA' s new orange proposal

Old 08-21-2003, 12:46 PM

Default RE: PA' s new orange proposal

This proposal is terrible, how can archery hunters maintain the stealth they need to harvest or even see game wearing orange, it' s nearly impossible. Also, I don' t think this will solve our problems at all.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

there goes my plan of hunting late season flintlock in buckskins like a real mountain man would....thats always been my dream...now the state just ruined it.....i sure hope it doesnt pass....turkey hunting with orange on....thats just plain crazy.....we have like what...5 maybe 10 accidents a year?? maybe they need to give eye checks before giving out hunting liscenses but orange isnt going to matter.....most of the people getting shot have orange on!!!! iand how are you possibly going to draw back a bow covered waist up in blaze orange and expect to be successful???????? it will be really tough....i hope it doesnt pass......
Old 08-24-2003, 07:33 PM

250 square inch of orange... well when you can chase turkeys with high powered rifles oranges isn' t an out of the question proposal. Shotguns are a much closer in weapon and even tho I really don' t like sharing the woods with all the turkey hunters I have learned to use them. The rifle bullet flying thu the woods scares me much more.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

NOT ME, Never did,never will. When is the last time we had a bow accident????? I dont think I never heard of a bow hunter being hurt with anothers weapon in PA. Most are in trees anyway. Gun hunters have no business shooting at deer in trees!
This is a stupid proposal !!!!! I keep trying to find a money reason the PGC would do this? Fines is all I come up with. The camo makers should jump on our bandwagon and fight this silly crap
Old 08-31-2003, 05:14 PM

I look at it this way, with orange head to toe:

1. I still have people sit within 100yds and I am in full veiw.
2. I still got shot at.

However,

3. I can see others standing way out and line my zones up accordingly.
4. I only got shot at, once.

Archers, there is no need for orange unless it overlaps a rifle season.
Muzzleloaders, I want to know where you are, and I want you to know where I am.
Turkey, orange front, back and head while moving, at stand orange within 10 yrds.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:29 AM

i was going to start a new thread on this but i' ll just add on to this to ttt , the united bowhunter of pa have a petition going around at local archery shops (at least at mine ) about this orange thing ,full time orange i don' t think its a good idea for bowhunter imo if they want us to wear it to and from our stands that one thing but on stand the deer will stand out of bow range and laugh at us for sure! any way make sure all pa hunters besides yourself sign this petition ,we havve to draw the line some where!!!