Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project

Old 08-11-2003, 06:28 PM

Default RE: 9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project

I am in the Navy and I remeber that day well. I was giving a exam to 14 students in a Navy School. I walked back in the office to see what was going on and watched the second plane hit, everyone was in shock. Then I had to go tell the students in the class about what was going on, I also told them the Pentagon was hit. One of my students had a brother working there at the time. He made it out alive of course pretty beat up. But it was one I must say to alot of young Sailors that day a moment of truth. We were put on alert about one hour later and well the rest of the story was all over the news. I had some of those students go to Afganistan and some have went to Iraq since. It was a eye opener to lots of kids in the Navy. It not just a job you do for a education at all. I have been in 13 years now and I hope this never happens again. I feel a great sadness for those who perished that day. I also am a avid hunter and serve the Country. I love my job and love to hunt. Have a nice night.