Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV Bow Season....Its finally go time!!!

Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default WV Bow Season....Its finally go time!!!

It really sucks that most bow hunters are in the woods and us WV bowhunters are still shooting at styrofoam deer.

Hopefully in the next 20 days the rains will return and the temperature will turn fall-like. As it is, the drought is pretty bad here in the eatern panhandle, and unfortunately the small private track I hunt has no spring fed water holes so it is dry and the big bucks I was seeing earlier seem to have moved closer to water sources. I still am seeing a fair number of does and fawns, so I have hope for the rut.

20 days from now I will be up in a tree at this time enjoying the woods and hoping one of the 8+ point bucks I photographed earlier walks on by.

Last edited by Sniggle; 10-15-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah..WV is a month behind a lot of bordering states...and light years behind when it comes to most things hunting. LOL

I'll be in a tree on the 16th...waiting for a big buck to sneak by.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Spike

sniggle where you at in middle way? im on harryshirley rd. getting ready to move in to a house with 14ac in hidden river.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by smok531
sniggle where you at in middle way? im on harryshirley rd. getting ready to move in to a house with 14ac in hidden river.
Just south of Middleway center on Route 1. Have you joined IWL ?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get to start this weekend at the Green Bank Observatory.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pro-Line
Yeah..WV is a month behind a lot of bordering states...and light years behind when it comes to most things hunting. LOL

I'll be in a tree on the 16th...waiting for a big buck to sneak by.
Believe me, even with the late start to bow season I will hunt WV before PA every year. I live in PA and if I could only hunt one or the other, trust me it would be WV!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

I am shooting my bow well. I have identified the tree I will use on Saturday morning, and there is a scrape line that goes right in front of it.

I need to wash my hunting clothes one more time, sharpen my knife....but I am more than ready.

Last edited by Sniggle; 10-09-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't even been to my hunting property yet. I'm in Martinsburg but my land is near Fairmont. I gotta get back there and make sure I have plenty of poison down before the mice move in to the cabin.

I have a trail camera up at the PA place I hunt but I probably won't get some up in WV until early November. I can't wait though, after the tough year I have had I am ready for some reflection time while hunting.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Mother nature looks like she is cooperating for WV opening day....lows mid 40's, highs low 60's, with rain on Thursday and and the 1st part of Friday.

And just got a picture of this guy intimidating a poor doe and fawn...time to end the tyranny:
Attached Thumbnails WV Bow Season....Its finally go time!!!-pict0385a.jpg  

Last edited by Sniggle; 10-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck all you WV bowhunters, its go time:-)