Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

OMG... NY State I'm coming home to hunt!!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default OMG... NY State I'm coming home to hunt!!

My eldery mom called me earlier today (just as I was getting ready to watch the football games on TV). She said that my oldest sister & brother-in-law were talking about having me come up to New York this coming season and hunt on their 125 acre farm!!

Seems there's a bunch of deer up there and they are starting to become a nuisance, and busted a few fences up near the ridge and treelined woods. There's a bunch of resident geese at the end of the pasture near the small pond, and their neighbor hates seeing them pooping around her property too. And most importantly, there is a real nasty fox that has done some serious carnage to my sister's chickens in the barn and coop.

Here's some details for you New Yorkers...
Tiny little town of Brookfield, NY (south of Utica, southeast of Syracuse).
Madison County.
DEC area 7M.
I understand you can hunt with rifles in Madison Co. too!

I am going to have a great time up there this coming season!!!

Edit: Any New Yorkers hunt in Madison County or anywhere around that area?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted Madison county. Three years ago I took a fine 11 pt. 205 lb 4 1/2 yr old. Some very good deer come out of Madison County. Get your license before October and you can apply for a non resident doe tag. Your family may also be able to apply for landowner permits too...I dont know what goes into that, though. Depending on when you come up, there is also the late season muzzleloader tag.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks... I'm reading all sorts of info on the DEC website. I've been all over my sister & brother-in-law's farm and love it up there! I am really excited that they want me to come up there. 125 acre farm all to myself! YEAH!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Great news and I am excited for you Butch. Good hunting. Probably not all that far from David. I think he lives a little ways north of "cuse".
Old 09-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

125 acres, solo, that's almost as good as winning the lottery, almost. Congratulations. Should be fun for you, to spend time with family, and get to hunt there.