Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Valley Forge hunt cancelled

Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

perhaps you missed this.....

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Sorry, but making preposterous claims does not give you the privilege of conducting a pop quiz. That privelege is reserved for someone with a realistic working knowledge of the issue at hand.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Here is a simple question for those that question my position on VF. If he herd in VF exceeded the MSY CC before it reached 200 DPSM , how did the herd increase to 240 DPFSM s Glue posted?
Before it was known the that sponge Bob came from Bikini bottoms most people thought he was Gay.

Last edited by bawanajim; 12-27-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
perhaps you missed this.....

No, I did not miss you ridiculous comment. But, if you are so smart please feel free to tell us what the MSY CC of VF might be based on your vast knowledge of deer management.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bawanajim
Before it was known the that sponge Bob came from Bikini bottoms most people thought he was Gay.
Well, it's also not well know that SB originally lived near VF until he heard that BB had declared the MSY of VF to be 200+ prompting him to cross over to the dark side breifly in search of DD for some intense study on OWDD, RR's GIGO fromulas and general DILLIGAF nonexpertise.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what is the MSY CC of the habitat in VF? Do any of you clowns known the definition of MSYCC?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder why the deer at VF survived all these years.Especially considering there's some brute bucks in there.You would think the habitat was depleted resulting in malnutrition which would not create bruiser bucks.
Beats me
Old 12-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by germain
I wonder why the deer at VF survived all these years.Especially considering there's some brute bucks in there.You would think the habitat was depleted resulting in malnutrition which would not create bruiser bucks.
Beats me
Fair question Rich,

All deer biologists cite age as the most important of the 3 components required for a "bruiser buck". The other two are, of course, nutrition and genetics.

A fair guess might be that some of those bruisers are old enough to have grown up when the density wasn't so high.

I know that we had a similar scenario when I became part of a suburban bowhunt several years ago. We started with a DD of 100 DPSM (counted via FLIR) but that included roads, buildings, playgrounds and parking lots. The true DPSM was more like 160 when we started. There had not been any legal hunting there for decades. Yes there were some old grizzled monsters but they were few and far between. The rule, however was far more smallish junky scrub bucks. There were also a few ridiculously large does and lots and lots of tiny deer.

As for how they survive, I don't know that park so I'll talk about the situation I was (still am) involved in. The deer ate everything green and most things brown that they could reach. They had lost all fear of humans and would eat flowers right under peoples windows in broad daylight. Planting anything was pretty much a lost cause.

BTW, we probably each averaged 2-3 "easy" ones way back when we started before those deer caught on and became smarter and warier than any deer I ever hunted in the big woods.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
So what is the MSY CC of the habitat in VF? Do any of you clowns known the definition of MSYCC?

You can look it up in the GIGO section of the DILLIGAF dictionary
Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Here we go again - name calling such as clowns or idiots will not be tolerated.

Last chance

JW
Old 12-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by germain
Beats me
The other thing to wonder is why "these ridiculous deer density numbers" didn't bring in some Yotes to control the population? I guess that must only apply to where Hunters want the high numbers, hey?

RSB seems to be on a major loosing streak here lately.

Last edited by yano; 12-28-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.