Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Grouse????

Old 12-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by countertop
Went on a hunt in early November in the national forest outside of St. Mary's PA. We had over 50 flushes in two days, took 20 shots, and my buddy and I both limited out both days.
thats highest number of grouse flushed in my lifetime I EVER HEARD even when things were great.what do you think would cause a RECORD number of grouse in the area you hunt in st.marys? with the grouse numbers way down in pa. do to RAIN,PREDATORS,HUNTING PRESSURE,what do you think caused such EXPLOSION of grouse in your area?
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

I have no idea. It was with the Ruffed Grouse Society. And we weren't even the best group out that day.

Some groups had few flushes, but all had some. And some did MUCH better than we did.

I think, as our huntsman said, boot leather dictates flushes. ie: you need the right habitiat, but you also need to put miles on the ground to get the birds.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe your hunting in the wrong part of the state??
Old 12-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by countertop
I have no idea. It was with the Ruffed Grouse Society. And we weren't even the best group out that day.

Some groups had few flushes, but all had some. And some did MUCH better than we did.

I think, as our huntsman said, boot leather dictates flushes. ie: you need the right habitiat, but you also need to put miles on the ground to get the birds.
want to invite me up to hunt that DREAM OF MY LIFE....tobys tail is getting hardon as i read this out loud to him
Old 12-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
want to invite me up to hunt that DREAM OF MY LIFE....tobys tail is getting hardon as i read this out loud to him
You better wacth where toby is swinging that tail JPK!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blkpowder
You better wacth where toby is swinging that tail JPK!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This was the best year I've seen for grouse numbers in years.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by douge
this was the best year i've seen for grouse numbers in years.
what do you consider great grouse numbers?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

20 plus flushes in less than two hours and I never got off the skidder trail.Another day,I sat most of the day hunting turkeys and flushed 15,again from the logging roads.Bring Toby.I'll gladly take you out.Just keep his tail away from me.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you could get me in the neighborhood I'd sure appreciate it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.