Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shisslers "Pa's best deer management in nation" revisited

Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
The comparison is based on PGC stats, just like all of the PGC deer management decisions.
The PGC has, to my knowledge, never compared any WMU to a fenced preserve as you have done.

So did you miss my question again or are you telling us that you really have no actual experience in 2G since AR/HR? How do PGC stats tell you that 2G is like a fenced preserve?

Where do we find PGC stats on high fence preserves?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Spike

I do not hunt in all these areas but i mtn bike all over the state the amazing thing is i see a good amount of deer everywhere. 2b,d,e seem to have a good number of deer with some urban sprawling pressure. I personally hunt in 2g and 4e i have not been out this year and not seen a deer and in 2g that is on state game land and forest. I think slob hunters hurt local populations much more then people think. my$.02
Old 12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just go back a read Doug's post and he will tell you how few hunters are hunting the areas he hunts.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just go back a read Doug's post and he will tell you how few hunters are hunting the areas he hunts.
If I didnt know better, I'd say you're ducking the questions.

Have you EVER hunted 2G since the inception of AR/HR and if so, how many days have you spent hunting 2G?

Have you EVER hunted a fenced preserve to be able to compare it to 2G?

If you cant answer those two questions directly with a yes or know, I'd suggest that it means you have no experience with either to be able to make the comparison you made with any shred of credibility.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are your implying that an area with few hunters and the lowest deer density in the state can be compared to a fenced preserve simply because hunting pressure is low?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Based on Doug's reports of all the legal buck he is seeing, I think that is a fair comparison!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
.My buddy and I passed at least 10-12 other people on our walk up and we never saw a single person where we hunted.They all went to the flat open areas off to the left.We hunted where the deer should be and moved them ourselves and had a great morning.the only shot either of us heard all morning was mine.
The way I read it Doug just knows what he is doing.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see you cherry picked one of Doug's posts where he saw some other hunters. Now post his other posts where he said he only saw 1 or two hunters in the area he was hunting.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Plenty of guys like Doug out there. It's just that most of them are sitting in a treestand or out stillhunting instead of sitting at a computer. Theyve got a gun or bow in their hands rather than a keyboard.
Well, it seems like you and your super ego are logged on here often enough. I would be careful where you are casting stones.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Based on Doug's reports of all the legal buck he is seeing, I think that is a fair comparison!

So, and please feel free to correct me if my conclusions are inaccurate, they have been drawn by the fact that you have refused to answer thosee few direct yes or no questions......

1 You havent hunted 2G since AR/HR was implemented

2 You havent hunted a fenced preserve in that same period

3 By reading PGC stats you feel you are able to conclude that deer hunting in 2G is like hunting a preserve compared to 5C

Well 2G guys.........Whattya think of that?? Is your beloved 2G like hunting inside a high fence now that all the hunters have left as Bluebird claims???

Since the rules for drawing conclusions about Dougs success seem pretty flexible I'm going to draw some of my own. Doug, please correct me where appropriate......

Doug has had success on public lands as well as private so it's not that he has an exclusive "honey hole".

Doug has said he moves around a lot so once again, he hasn't fallen into some "secret spot"

Could it be that Doug has simply done his homework, spent some time learning his quarry and it's habitat and created his own success where others either wont or cant do the same? I think so.

Doug is very obviously an exceptionally talented and dedicated hunter and Bluebirds desperate characterizations to the contrary are simply a bunch of ill prepared cheap shots probably inspired by pure jealousy. (It's an unseemly but not uncommon human response to claim the other guy has it easy or has an unfair advantage rather than address ones own issues)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.