Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shisslers "Pa's best deer management in nation" revisited

Old 12-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Plenty of guys like Doug out there. It's just that most of them are sitting in a treestand or out stillhunting instead of sitting at a computer. Theyve got a gun or bow in their hands rather than a keyboard.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doug is benefitting from the fact that the PGC has driven large numbers of hunters out of the northern tier counties so he has a lot less competition and can hunt unpressured deer. If he was hunting in my area of 5C he wouldn't be crowing like a rooster with a dozen hens.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

2G is not the only place where hunters like Doug enjoy excellent success.

I see it personally in 2B 2D and 2F

Oh and someone must have found some deer in 5C. 29000 got shot by someone last season.

Maybe instead of making unfounded assumptions and attempting to minimize Dougs well earned success, your time might be better spent figuring out how someone found 29000 deer in your WMU so that you too could have a successful season like Doug
Old 12-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see it personally in 2B 2D and 2F
Did you harvest your PA P&Y buck yet this year?

Oh and someone must have found some deer in 5C. 29000 got shot by someone last season.
in 5c we had 89,000 doe tags compared to 26,000 in 2G. So in 5C we had 91 tags/FSM while in 2g they had just 7 doe tags/ FSM. That means hunting in 2G was like hunting in a fenced shooting preserve compared to hunting in 5C.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you harvest your PA P&Y buck yet this year?
Thanks for asking but no, not yet. Half of my best PA bucks have been taken in the late season so there's still plenty of time.

in 5c we had 89,000 doe tags compared to 26,000 in 2G. So in 5C we had 91 tags/FSM while in 2g they had just 7 doe tags/ FSM. That means hunting in 2G was like hunting in a fenced shooting preserve compared to hunting in 5C.
Oh really? How many days have you spent hunting in 2G since AR and HR were instituted to be able to make that kind of statement? Something tells me that you may have just insulted an awful lot of 2G hunters that frequent this forum.

Whattya think Sproul, Germain, Many Spurs, DougE? Is hunting 2G like a fenced shooting preserve these days as Bluebird claims?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whattya think Sproul, Germain, Many Spurs, DougE? Is hunting 2G like a fenced shooting preserve these days as Bluebird claims?
Please note that my statement was based on the relative hunting pressure in 2G compared to 5C and I stand by that statement.
We all know Doug has a tendency to exaggerate the quality of hunting in 2G ,so that should also be taken into consideration.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe you missed my question so I'll ask it again......

How many days have you spent hunting 2G since AR/HR was implemented to be able to make such a comparison?

Another question now comes to mind......

How many days have you spent hunting in fenced shooting preserves in order to compare 2G to one?

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 12-09-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Thanks for asking but no, not yet. Half of my best PA bucks have been taken in the late season so there's still plenty of time.

Oh really? How many days have you spent hunting in 2G since AR and HR were instituted to be able to make that kind of statement? Something tells me that you may have just insulted an awful lot of 2G hunters that frequent this forum.

Gee BT.......The way you brag up how good the hunting is in 2G, you had me believing it was like hunting in a high fenced area.

Now you are saying it is not that good.

So....in your opinion, which way is it?

Hard to figure you out. You slam anyone that complains how bad the hunting is and then slam someone if they say the hunting is good.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The comparison is based on PGC stats, just like all of the PGC deer management decisions.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Gee BT.......The way you brag up how good the hunting is in 2G, you had me believing it was like hunting in a high fenced area.

Now you are saying it is not that good.

So....in your opinion, which way is it?

Hard to figure you out. You slam anyone that complains how bad the hunting is and then slam someone if they say the hunting is good.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

First, I dont currently hunt 2G and it's been years since I have.

Second, I've never compared any part of PA to a high fence. What I did say is that SOME hunters like Doug are finding the deer in many areas. Doug happens to be doing it in 2G. If you read, you'll see that I have only talked about 2B 2D and 2F when relaying personal experiences

Actually, I didnt slam anyone. I merely asked Bluebird about his level of experience in 2G. A fair question considering that he has now said that 2G is like a shooting preserve compared to his WMU

I think maybe what is even harder to figure out how a member can claim that 2G is the worst WMU for deer hunting (as BB has done often) now claims it's like hunting a high fence to dismiss Dougs success there.

Sorry you're confused but you're barking at the wrong guy WW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.