Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The PGC and the Audubon

Old 12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

bawanajim I believe Alt, like some other anal compulsive people really believes he and only he knowns whats best for America and it sure as hell is not the whitailed deer. To big for his britches
And that folks, sums it up!

Cornelius08 I love that statement about his intentions to become "biggest nightmare".
The boogey man with attitude.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Typical Buck

I for one, have to cast my vote for his statement that when they took him out and showed him the browse lines and impact the deer had on the forests that he was beside himself....as if the PGC's chief bear biologist for well over a decade had never set foot in the woods until then...atleast with his eyes open. Or that a man with a doctorate in wildlife biology who'd spent his life in the woods, simply hadn't noticed the browse lines until someone pointed it out to him. Classic.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
I for one, have to cast my vote for his statement that when they took him out and showed him the browse lines and impact the deer had on the forests that he was beside himself....as if the PGC's chief bear biologist for well over a decade had never set foot in the woods until then...atleast with his eyes open. Or that a man with a doctorate in wildlife biology who'd spent his life in the woods, simply hadn't noticed the browse lines until someone pointed it out to him. Classic.
Nothing surprises me. I once took one of the habitat gurus on HPA to a farm in northern Potter that I hunt. I showed him a pasture that had cows hemmed up in it for 6 years prior to the day/year I showed it to him.

"My God, look at that browseline along that pasture that the deer made" was his reply. I didn't have the heart to tell him about the cows.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Did he step in one?.......That would have been the cake right there! "Golly gee, you have some big deer in these parts..." LOL