Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The PGC and the Audubon

Old 12-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great article and here is one of the biggest lies every told about the history of deer management in PA.

For the 80 years prior to 1999, Pennsylvania hunters, who fund the Game Commission with their license dollars and therefore dictate policy, had demanded that the commission produce more deer than the woods could sustain. For 80 years they had gotten used to gross deer overabundance so that their sport more closely resembled a baited dove shoot than true deer hunting. If they imagined or perceived the slightest diminution in deer numbers, they shrieked like crated shoats.
The PA hunters did not prevent the PGC from increasing antlerless tags from 475K in 1984 to 890,700 in 1998. At the same time the antlerless season increased from 1 day to 3 days and bonus tags were implemented in 1987. Furthermore the antlerless harvests kept the herd stable from 1987 until 1997. In 1997 the PGC increased the antlerless allocation from 640K in 1997 to 890.7K in 1998. but the harvest decreased due to 3 days of bad weather. So it was not the hunters that allowed the herd to increase, it was the PGC's management practices.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
WHy did you delete the other audubon thread you had posted BP? Afraid you might offend someone?

He!! no! After reading it all the way through,it wasn't the one I was looking for. When I find it,I'll post it. Don't worry. It supports
what you stated about the audubon.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Banned

I kinda like the one you had posted bp. Read it 100 times in the past. Shows how extreme those fruitcakes really are.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Banned

Here bp. Take your pick. http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=pa+...8&fr=yfp-t-701 There is no shortage of web pages about audubon sticking their damn noses into Pa deer management. More here in Pa than any other state Ive searched for. Many of the states with better deer management, you dont get any results at all in web search conerning environmentalist extremists being involved in deer management.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
I kinda like the one you had posted bp. Read it 100 times in the past. Shows how extreme those fruitcakes really are.
That was the article. This was one particular quote that I didn't care for.

“There is no animal the states have paid more attention to and spent more money on than white-tailed deer. And there is no better example of malpractice.” I knew from working with retired biologists that, like old soldiers, they tend to “just fade away.” In a real sense the good ones are old soldiers. So I asked Alt what he intended to do with the remainder of his life. I liked his answer: “I quit the commission because I could do more to solve this deer crisis by working on the outside. I promised the game commissioners that I would spend the rest of my career trying to change the system, that I would become their worst nightmare. That's where I'm headed.”
Old 12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

But that was just one of many of Alt's lies. He only made one or two appearances since he left the PGc and now he is more concerned about making money than saving the PGC forests.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Alt needs a good old fashioned a$$ whipping. I'd sell tickets to it, but I'm first in line.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blkpowder
That was the article. This was one particular quote that I didn't care for.

“There is no animal the states have paid more attention to and spent more money on than white-tailed deer. And there is no better example of malpractice.” I knew from working with retired biologists that, like old soldiers, they tend to “just fade away.” In a real sense the good ones are old soldiers. So I asked Alt what he intended to do with the remainder of his life. I liked his answer: “I quit the commission because I could do more to solve this deer crisis by working on the outside. I promised the game commissioners that I would spend the rest of my career trying to change the system, that I would become their worst nightmare. That's where I'm headed.”
So what is it that you didn't like about it?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe Alt, like some other anal compulsive people really believes he and only he knowns whats best for America and it sure as hell is not the whitailed deer.

I don't think he planned for the demise of deer hunting as we knew it just, that when some started questioning the effects of his plan he took it very personal and became even more standoffish than the board could stand. To big for his britches, for you slow readers.

He's gone, and missed by very few.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

I love that statement about his intentions to become "biggest nightmare". lmfao.

Pretty big statement. Wonder if he made it while typing on his laptop, onboard the jet to California. lol. Guess hes now striking fear into the hearts of all the anti-environmental extremists with his wildlife photography. That'll teach us not to listen to Dr. Alt! lmao.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.