Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Strangely silent????

Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you have some tree huggers moving into the campground manyspurs.

LOL Doug,I didn't intentionally let out info about your posts.If Joe made another post on his second time to your spot and he saw deer I missed that one.
I did call you once but I think your daughter was sick and you couldn't make it.I will make it a point this winter for us to get together.I'll bring my sons along.You wanna just check things out or make it a grouse hunt?
Honestly if you show me good deer numbers on public land I'll be shocked.I think you said you averaged seeing 10 deer or so a day.I have a pretty good idea what deer sign that would show and if we see it I'll be the first to report on here.
Let me know about the grouse hunt or just hike.Also send me a PM on Huntpa with your cell.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's make it a grouse hunt.I killed a grouse in the one spot on the last day of the season and flushed 11 others that day.I also flushed close to 20 the week before in the same spot while hunting.It's all new growth.I haven't seen grouse like that in quite some time.

I saw at least 8 the first day and at least twelve this past saturday but I was pushing deer to by buddy almost the entire time.He saw over twenty the first day and at least that many this past saturday.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good Doug.I'll give you a heads up on the weekend we come up.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sent you a PM over on hunting pa Doug.