Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

P.A. Results in 2F

Old 12-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes...yotes stink. They roll in everything...FECES, carrion, garbage, etc.
You shoot them and stuff them under a log.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Banned

Ive skun some that stunk to high heaven. Dont know if its just a coincidence, but its usually males. Few females Id dealt with never seemed to have that problem... Maybe just got lucky..

Anyway, Id skun a couple that stunk so bad it actually made me physically sick afterwards. lol. Hard smell to get off the hands too!

These days I skin em just to take the hide to fur dealer, so it dont go completely to waste. But the one shot last week had a slight case of mange it appeared.....a pretty muffed up coat with most long guard hairs missing making it appear unprime when they should be at the peak currently, and patches of nothing but very short wooly underfur in large patches on back. It just got tossed in a ditch.

They make a pretty nice mount or tanned fur when prime though.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-09-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

I used to hunt them in Potter and Tioga back in the 90s. Killed quite a few of them. When predator hunting took off so well, I kinda gave it up. I hate skinning them rascals because they do stink to high heavens.