Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

This is it!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default This is it!

The last week of archery season in Pa. starts tomorrow. So far it has been a good year for seeing buck numbers,but I've been coming up on the short side for quality bucks. As of last night, 22 buck sightings for my time in the stand. Up until last night,the biggest that I have seen on stand has been 3 six points and a basket racked eight point. Last night however, I had a tall eight point with a spread out to it's ears at 60yds. I tried grunting,doe bleats,even the snort wheeze. Nothing! He gave one look and kept to his direction of travel. I have been hunting the northern part of 2C and the southeast section of 2D. As for rutting action in those area's.So far,it's been all small bucks full of testosterone sight chasing the doe's. Tomorrows weather forecast is to be a little on the warm side. But the rest of the week is to be ideal. At this time of year,the rut action can turn as fast as a snap of your fingers.So for those like me,that have not scored yet. Elvis is still in the building and the Fat Lady is in the powder room gargling her throat treatment.
IT AIN'T OVER YET!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same reaction from a HUGE buck yesterday. He was walking the perimeter of the valley grunting, but would not deviate from his route no matter what call I threw at him. This was my buck of a lifetime. He was truly big.