Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA question?

Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default PA question?

With the new yellow tags do we still have to have them on our backs or can we just have them on our person?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

They still have to be displayed, but they don't have to be on your back like they did before.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Spike

Where did you read that it said they had to be displayed?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must have the license on your person, it need not be visible, but presentable when a WCO requests to see it.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is from the PGC PR 099-09

HUNTERS REMINDED THAT LICENSES STILL MUST BE DISPLAYED
The omission of a regulation that has been in place for decades in this year’s digest has caused some hunters and trappers to wonder whether they still are required to display their licenses in the middle of the back as has been done for many, many years. Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Carl G. Roe answered, “Yes, it still needs to be displayed.”

Roe noted that the Game Commission is supporting House Bill 460, sponsored by Rep. Neil Goodman (D-Schuylkill), which proposes to remove the statutory requirement that licenses be displayed, and thereby allow hunters to place their hunting license in their wallet with other ID.

Roe said, when the agency was drafting the digest, it was believed that the HB 460 may be enacted before the start of the license year on July 1. So, to avoid potentially conflicting information, a decision was made to modify the wording about the requirement that licenses must be displayed.

“License buyers do need to remember that the digest is not the ‘Game & Wildlife Code’ or its attendant regulations, and should not be considered final on legal interpretation,” Roe said. “In printing the digest, the agency simply summarizes the more important and frequently misunderstood hunting and trapping regulations.”
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bowtech9
With the new yellow tags do we still have to have them on our backs or can we just have them on our person?

Well I'm glad asked because as you see by the replies there is a problem with the PGC getting their info out.

Good luck Saturday but the weather looks a little iffy
Old 10-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

“License buyers do need to remember that the digest is not the ‘Game & Wildlife Code’ or its attendant regulations, and should not be considered final on legal interpretation,” Roe said. “In printing the digest, the agency simply summarizes the more important and frequently misunderstood hunting and trapping regulations.”
That is where they get you boys! I was going to wear mine no matter what they said. I don't carry a wallet in the woods, they can come to my car or camp if they want to know it''s me! I do not see anything hard about a backtag, isn't in my way.
In addition they would have to change other language in the regs pertaining to tresspass violations and identification to landowners. Maybe RSB could elaborate some more but i beleive there is more than just a back tag isue here?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

RSB has commented on this issue before ,but it looks like he has dropped out of this MB.