Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Did ARs Really Produce bigger 2.5+ Buck?

Old 09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO CLAIM WAS EVER MADE that 2.5 bucks would get bigger within their age class
I find that never-ending argument funny at best Bob, because I really don't give a hoot about how big a bucks body is. If he has a thick enough neck to hold up a big rack, it's big enough for me. LOL.
It's the big rack that makes my heart go a flutter...not the fat ass. Hehe
Old 09-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why are we in that group (most) every year? Why are you not in that group at least sometimes? I can't figure that one out because we hunt public owned lands.
Just like your group, our group is harvesting bigger bucks than before ARs,simply because we can't harvest spikes and Ys. But the price we are paying is that we are harvesting a lot fewer bucks and having a lot less opportunities to harvest a buck.

At home in 2B has not really changed since AR. It's hit or miss on small woodlots. too much human activity that alters deer movement, so it's a crap shoot. Big bucks? you bet. but they are nocturnal in nature at hom
I hunt in 5C which is similar to 2B in that there is a lot of human activity and in 5C we have an unlimited food supply and lots of safety zones.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by livbucks
As my Pappy says "the bucks are where you find 'em" LOL.
Truer words have never been spoken here

We now have deer hunting season instead of deer shooting season. Some of the fainter of heart have quit. Others spend time at the puter whining about things instead of in the woods...... I kinda like it!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know of no one on this board who took ALts words (Ill chosen as the were) and interpereted iy to mean that ANY age class of bucks would get bigger be it 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5 or whatever.
Obviously you don't understand the English language ,which may explains why you don't understand the deer management plan. There is a difference between saying more and larger buck versus just saying more big buck, but I wouldn't expect you to understand since you are so ignorant that you think hunters only killed 20% of the doe that died in 2G each year.

Why did Alt emphasize that the older superior buck would be doing the breeding? He said it to convince hunters that ARs would produce bigger 1.5,2.5 and 3.5+ buck. He also used the flawed computer models from Miss. to assure us that ARs wouldn't result in a decrease in the rack sizes of 2.5+ buck.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Obviously you don't understand the English language ,which may explains why you don't understand the deer management plan. There is a difference between saying more and larger buck versus just saying more big buck, but I wouldn't expect you to understand since you are so ignorant that you think hunters only killed 20% of the doe that died in 2G each year.

Why did Alt emphasize that the older superior buck would be doing the breeding? He said it to convince hunters that ARs would produce bigger 1.5,2.5 and 3.5+ buck. He also used the flawed computer models from Miss. to assure us that ARs wouldn't result in a decrease in the rack sizes of 2.5+ buck.
No its you who doesnt get plain english. What part of "ill chosen words" did you not understand?????

NO one here but you has been stupid enough to claim that Alt said that our 2.5 bucks would be bigger. Kinda speaks volumes as to who doesnt understand english!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 09-24-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand the English language much better than yo, but just to make sure I was right I had an English teacher analyze the meaning of ," more and larger buck than ever before" and she agreed with me. So it is up to you to explain why the bucks Alt said we would see would be larger than ever before,since we always had 2.5+ buck in the harvest.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Banned

"As my Pappy says "the bucks are where you find 'em" LOL"

If all of Pa's hunters could squeeze treestands into one area....the area made up of "few and far between" Theyd all kill big bucks because thats where they're at. lmao.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by livbucks
As my Pappy says "the bucks are where you find 'em" LOL.
Truer words have never been spoken here
And while true ,those words are also meaningless in a discussion about deer management. The bucks are where you find them, the does are where you find them the fawns are where you find them and the squirrels are where you find them. But if you didn't see deer where you were hunting does it mean the deer weren't there or does it mean you just didn't see them?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
I understand the English language much better than yo, but just to make sure I was right I had an English teacher analyze the meaning of ," more and larger buck than ever before" and she agreed with me. So it is up to you to explain why the bucks Alt said we would see would be larger than ever before,since we always had 2.5+ buck in the harvest.

Are you really that stupid? No one on this board has admitted to arriving at the same conclusion you did. No one.
So Alt used the wrong grammar. So what? No one with two working brain cells would have been so foolish as to believe that the average size within the same age class would chnage simply because more were allowed to live that long.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

So Alt used the wrong grammar. So what? No one with two working brain cells would have been so foolish as to believe that the average size within the same age class would chnage simply because more were allowed to live that long.
Alt did not use the wrong grammar as you claim. If he did the PGC would have corrected his grammar in the Hunting Digest which included that quote from 2002 to 2008. The basic reason for implementing ARs was to improve the genetics of the herd as a result of dominant breeding by superior 2.5+ buck. If that was not the case, then there was no reason to implement ARs other than to get hunters to shoot more doe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.