Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa deer management plan - Highlights of failure

Old 09-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

"Maybe you need to read more. Or have someone read to you more often. Try watching for bits on PA in North American hunter, Deer and Deer Hunting, American Hunter, Outdoor life, Field and Stream, Sports afield, Bowhunter, Bowhunting world. Oh and it runs about 50/50 in Pa outdoor news in spite of the heavy USP influence there."

I read all those magazines regularly. My assessment stands. You can also see commentary by the owner of the antideer hpa website where he gives his speech and says how anti-deer plan posts were taking over the whole message board before he took over and cleaned up the membership.

"55,000 doe tags for 2A ..... TOUGH!"

It sure as heck is. Tough on the deer herd. Im sure its sweet sweet news to the greenies though eh?

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-24-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
"thriving public land outfitter here in NW PA"

You mean the one with a handful of decent bucks pics taken over a period of several years and god only knows where to promote his business? lmao. The one you must know who runs as you shamelessly plug for on here so much so that huntingnet should charge you ad fees? lol

Have you hunted there? If not, why not when you travel to Illinois to hunt. If so, why do you feel the need to "buy" a deer instead of use your own skill to harvest it? Inquiring minds want to know! lola
Know him to say hi only because he also runs a bow shop near camp. Hunt there ? Sort of. I've hunted some of the places he takes his clients for years. remember, it's public ground.
Buying deer? I dont hear that term often but it usually comes from unsuccessful wannabe jealous hunters who simply cant accept that there may be hunters out there with the skills and perseverance to do what they cant or wont do. The only way they can handle their feelings of insecurity and inadequacy is to minimize the success of others. It's kind of like the guy who pounds his chest and tells everyone how tough or how strong he is. It usually means a cover for some fairly large insecurity problems.

Cant accept the success of others...... TOUGH!!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned

"Buying deer? I dont hear that term often but it usually comes from unsuccessful wannabe jealous hunters who simply cant accept that there may be hunters out there with the skills and perseverance to do what they cant or wont do."

Im probably more successful than you could ever hope to be. I have hunted several states for various game species, usually quite successfully and never once with a "guide" just not my thing. But according to the blowhard response i got from my question, i think we have our answer.

"The only way they can handle their feelings of insecurity and inadequacy is to minimize the success of others. It's kind of like the guy who pounds his chest and tells everyone how tough or how strong he is. It usually means a cover for some fairly large insecurity problems."

Or, more likely, it could be that some comments that i made just hit a little "too close to home" so you in turn, lash out.

"It's kind of like the guy who pounds his chest and tells everyone how tough or how strong he is."

Not sure what your problem is in that regard. You are the only one who ever brings it up, and continually dwells on it. I guess my mention some time back, in other thread, of working out and not being an out of shape couch potato scared you or something? lmao. ......TOUGH! lmao.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-24-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Banned

"Cant accept the success of others...... TOUGH!!"

ha ha ha. Why should i care? Im not the one spending a fortune to buy a deer! lmao. I kill them the ol' fashioned way which requires some skill some effort a good bow and some arrows. But my successful hunt doesnt require a major credit card and down payment. lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-24-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Cant accept the success of others...... TOUGH!!"

ha ha ha. Why should i care? Im not the one spending a fortune to buy a deer! lmao. I kill them the ol' fashioned way which doesnt require a major credit card and down payment. lol.

Those insecurities been haunting you all your life? You really gotta get a handle on that. When those inaqdeqacy issues cause you to say things that could haunt you later, it's time for outside help.

He he he, you really have no clue.

If you ever decide to behave, I might give you a clue or even two maybe even show you how to earn (not buy) a deer!

Till then, you'll just have to TOUGH it out LOL!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Banned

"Those insecurities been haunting you all your life? You really gotta get a handle on that. When those insdeqacy issues cause you to say things that could haunt you later, it's time for outside help. "

I agree. I do feel a bit insecure in conversations about "pay-per-kill" deer hunting, since i have no experience. Especially when talking with such an experienced gent as yourself. I feel inadequate in dealing with the subject. Kinda like you when the conversation turns to hunting fair chase and free-range whitetails. lmao.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Those insecurities been haunting you all your life? You really gotta get a handle on that. When those insdeqacy issues cause you to say things that could haunt you later, it's time for outside help. "

I agree. I do feel a bit insecure in conversations about "pay-per-kill" deer hunting, since i have no experience. Especially when talking with such an experienced gent as yourself. I feel inadequate in dealing with the subject. Kinda like you when the conversation turns to hunting fair chase and free-range whitetails. lmao.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I ain't never laughed so hard in all my life. Gosh I love this forum.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 09-24-2009 at 06:39 PM.