Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa deer management plan - Highlights of failure

Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

I have no doubt you have to be talking about "huntingpa"? LIke Pfsc, they like to mix hunters with "environmentalists" and speak on deer management related issues with "one voice" although the ecoextremists decide whats said and what isnt.
Yea that's the one. Been PMing the last 8 months with some of the more vocal PGC suckbutts over there. Been pretending to be "one of them". It's unbelievable how many of them are PGC employees.

Dare breath a word of deer mismanagement and watch the flamings and bannings start.
Was reading a speech by the owner today, and just about died laughing......this sound familiar and reinforce anyones thoughts on the real HPA?

I came to HPA in October 2003. I was not known as RoosterBooster back then. Truthfully I just got dial-up internet and everything on the net was very new to me. One Sunday on the way home from a several day grouse hunting trip down in Indiana County , I passed a sign along Rt 36 near Brookville, that just said HuntingPA.com on it with a brief message under it. I got home racked my brain to remember what the sign said, and I was only in my mid 30’s then, and finally remembered it and punched it in my web address bar. Unfortunately for my wife and kids I then hit the “Message Board” link and it all began. Not taking well to some of the ideas that were being propelled forward on the board about HR/AR and how it would end the world as we know it, I signed on and started blasting away at those that seemed to want it. This went on for about 3 months, in fact I was in the crosshairs of the Mod staff and about to become one of the banned, about 200 some posts into my posting career, when Wayne as a Mod told me to “cool it”.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 09-23-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
It's unbelievable how many of them are PGC employees.
No, I don't think so. It isn't unbelievable. How many more work for DCNR?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
No, I don't think so. It isn't unbelievable. How many more work for DCNR?
That too! Ain't been able to get any of them to admit to being Audubon members, but I'm sure there's a few. One moderator in particular.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who are the PGC and DCNR employees?The one's that I know who are,openly admit it.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

You guys make it sound like the management plan has been in place for decades and people are in a position to make a thorough scientific assessment of it. Thats kind of like trying to evaluate the condition of a cancer patient halfway through their chemotherapy.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Banned

I agree doug. Though I certainly dont believe all are exactly forthcoming for obvious reason, Most I know of openly speak of their jobs, duties etc. A few others have it right in their profiles.

Some others I have strong susupicions over, but dont worry overly much about it. Its pretty clear how that board is run. As a political machine for everything pgc/dcnr and environmentalist. Actual hunters who are permitted to speak out on "other topics" in other threads only bolster the membership. Cant exactly be taken seriously by legislators etc. reading a board that has a dozen members and they are all pgc employees and environmentalists speaking on hunting issues, now can they! lol.

Who are they?? I know of several boc members past and present who have posted on the board, our always helpful education director, I know of quite a few wcos (presently and retired), Hmmm. I know Merlin Benner had made quite a few appearances in the past.... We have all around pgc "go-fers" and previous boc candidates like gtf's and others. QUite a few others who provide data etc. only available to pgc staff. Same with dcnr guys. I also dont think it very hard to see who the "conservationists" are as they speak on it openly and in a manner in which only they would do. lol. I could make a longer list adding those whom I only know by their ids, would have to look them up via the member directory, but I dont believe its necessary. You have a been around that board as long as i have, so im pretty sure you are aware of how things work.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-24-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Banned

"You guys make it sound like the management plan has been in place for decades and people are in a position to make a thorough scientific assessment of it. Thats kind of like trying to evaluate the condition of a cancer patient halfway through their chemotherapy."

This is DEER MANGEMENT and it has no correlation with CHEMOTHERAPY. Though I dont think most would argue if you were to liken our deer management plan to a "cancer".

We were told we would see results. SOON. Not in totality. But real measurable results that would tell us we were going in the right direction. Those were nearly the EXACT words. Least thats ifn you believed the little bald jackarsse.

We simply werent supposed to slaughter the deer herd and have all herd and regeneration measures going backwards SEVERAL years into the program.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-24-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Where does the management plan promise that everything will be fine by 2008?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
Who are the PGC and DCNR employees?The one's that I know who are,openly admit it.
I guess you don't know everything. Do you Doug?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
I agree doug. Though I certainly dont believe all are exactly forthcoming for obvious reason, Most I know of openly speak of their jobs, duties etc. A few others have it right in their profiles.

Some others I have strong susupicions over, but dont worry overly much about it. Its pretty clear how that board is run. As a political machine for everything pgc/dcnr and environmentalist. Actual hunters who are permitted to speak out on "other topics" in other threads only bolster the membership. Cant exactly be taken seriously by legislators etc. reading a board that has a dozen members and they are all pgc employees and environmentalists speaking on hunting issues, now can they! lol.

Who are they?? I know of several boc members past and present who have posted on the board, our always helpful education director, I know of quite a few wcos (presently and retired), Hmmm. I know Merlin Benner had made quite a few appearances in the past.... We have all around pgc "go-fers" and previous boc candidates like gtf's and others. QUite a few others who provide data etc. only available to pgc staff. Same with dcnr guys. I also dont think it very hard to see who the "conservationists" are as they speak on it openly and in a manner in which only they would do. lol. I could make a longer list adding those whom I only know by their ids, would have to look them up via the member directory, but I dont believe its necessary. You have a been around that board as long as i have, so im pretty sure you are aware of how things work.
I ain't arguing.I'm just curious who works works for either the PGC or DCNR that hasn't admitted it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.