Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who Has the Answer?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Millions of people accept the current costs of deer/auto accidents as normal? Wow, not only does Cornie speak for the all the hunters in areas of PA where he has never been, but now he is the voice of millions of non-hunters in a state that in the recent past has ranked anywhere from #5 to #1 in deer/auto accidents.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Banned

"Millions of people accept the current costs of deer/auto accidents as normal?"

When was the last time you saw someone look at their policy and say "DANGED DEER! KILL THEM ALL BECAUSE MY COST IS TOO HIGH TO INSURE THE PICK UP AND I COULDA SAVED $3 A MONTH!!" (LOL) You havent, cause its a nonissue with anyone other than you apparently. lol....The herd has been reduced significantly.... I have yet to see my insurance cost deduction.

Wow, not only does Cornie speak for the all the hunters in areas of PA where he has never been, but now he is the voice of millions of non-hunters in a state that in the recent past has ranked anywhere from #5 to #1 in deer/auto accidents."

First Im not the one that brought on the self appointed speaker for all sentiment. That would be the pro-pgc side ifn you'll go back and reread. They insinuated it was a significant issue for us that justified mass wanton herd slaughter., without asking a single solitary soul. But since you brought it up again, sure i am very representative of a Pa driver. Sorrry that doesnt fit your strange "anti-deer in Pa from Ohio" agenda. I drive, as do every one of my adult family and friends... Hunters and non.

We are also one of the most populated states with the most roads. Where should we rank? In case you missed it, we cut the herd in half, so its hardly as if Pgc has ignored any and all deer related issues! lmao.... Then again, maybe we should just kill the rest of them so Lanse dosent have any more misleading deer related stats to post? Id also imagine we are near the top in accidents involving car on car collission, car on tree collission etc. etc. Maybe we should also remove all trees and all other drivers so Lanse doesnt hit anything on his bi-yearly trips through Pa from Ohio....(where the densities are higher in many areas! lmao.)

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-22-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now i understand the magnitude of the conspiracy. The PGC is the largest employer in the world. Its vast multitude of employees include: hunters who disagree with Cornie, farmers who complain about crop damage, other rural/suburban residents who complain about damage to gardens, lawns, fruit trees, etc., and anybody who complains about deer at nuisance levels after multiple car/deer accidents. I'm starting to think that Cornie is the only one left in the state who is not on the PGC payoll. He is the Omega Man of deer management.
Attached Thumbnails Who Has the Answer?-omega.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

"Now i understand the magnitude of the conspiracy. The PGC is the largest employer in the world. Its vast multitude of employees include: hunters who disagree with Cornie, farmers who complain about crop damage, other rural/suburban residents who complain about damage to gardens, lawns, fruit trees, etc., and anybody who complains about deer at nuisance levels after multiple car/deer accidents"

Hmmm another extremist irrational illogical emotion based bunch of nothingness to be ignored from lanse. lmao. Nothing new here. Just trying to cause argument because he clearly has nothing better to do with his time, and no rebuttal to the facts of the matter. And the facts of the matter say it ridiculous to say excessive and extreme reduction is warranted because lance thinks it necessary even in the most rural wmus because of auto collisions. Though he,fails to say exactly how many deaths and collission damage IS acceptable.. Guess we should take the herd to zero then? DUH. Btw, I saw noone infer that all three hunters who support the deer plan nor anyone else was on the payroll especially those with complaints. They are used as excuses. Then again, having a couple of insurance agents on here, a couple of pgc employees, a usfs employee and god only knows who else doesnt quite do the hunter view justice, as shown by your ridiculous poll results that still didnt give you the result you were after. lmao.

I think your avatar, sig line and postings of "omega men" etc. say enough about your "views" lol. Little obtuse to say the least, and certainly shows maturity level. lmao.

Dont get p'oed at me. Pgc took into account "human conflict" issues that you are whining about all the way from Ohio, has stated on the annual reports the conflicts in many wmus as low and moderate and that was BEFORE we fully reduced the herd!, since there has been even MORE reduction for no apparent reason and all cac results have confirmed that conclusion again by not voting for decrease. All wanting increase or stabilization except sras. Have a problem with that assessment, take it up with them. I disagree with the continued slaughter for NO REASON. Not because its for "human conflict" because according to pgc statement and data, thats not currently the case in most wmus. Guess thats why the goal is "stabilization" in most? Even though they lied and are STILL reducing the wmus for the bionuts... Thats why i have a problem with the fraudulent agency. The failed deer plan and the excessive slaughter is/was based on absolutely noting other than ecoextremists wanting single and barely double digit deer densities because thats where trillium and hobblebush grow best.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-22-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Farmer Brown looks out his window and sees too many deer on his back 40, but Cornie sits in town and says Brown's property can handle double that population. Or maybe Farmer Brown is getting a nice check from the PGC twice a month like everyone else.
Attached Thumbnails Who Has the Answer?-deer_herd.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

Funny you failed to mention Farmer Brown has dmap, redtag, or he can simply shoot em up 24/7 now legally if he so chooses.

But according to lanse it makes much more sense to give him those options AND to have every single landowner who owns land but doesnt intensly manage for or against deer and allows hunting MUST be cut in half populationwise, along with all the stateforest + all the gamelands. All because less than 1% of the population says so.

Sorry, i fail to see the logic. I couldnt care less if farmer brown slaughtered every deer on his farm and painted his barns red with their blood on HIS OWN LAND. But farmer brown isnt Pennsylvanias dictator last I checked, nor does "farmer brown" speak for thousands upon thousands of other landowners.

WHile I believe you used the smiley very inappropriately, I think I can put it to good use. right back at ya.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

All because less than 1% of the population says so.
Wanna tell us where that number came from?

Same place as your "vast majority" that opposes the current DMP

We are also one of the most populated states with the most roads. Where should we rank?
Uh not exactly. As a matter of fact Pa and Ohio are almost dead nuts equal on human population per square mile

At least when the bird posts a stat, he has some basis from which he twists things. You just pull the numbers outta your backside!

The point of mentioning crop damage, timber damage and even car accidents is that while hunters pay to manage them, the deer herd costs everyone a little something so only an arrogant idiot would ignore that we (deer hunters) are the useful minority and the continued existence of our sport depends on continued favorable support from the nonhunting majority. Expecting to manage the deer just for maximum numbers is a sure way to kill deer hunting as we know it.

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 09-22-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your attitude that the land can support more deer without considering the landowners interests is as silly as your belief that you understand deer management better than the professionals.
Once again you lie when you say I don't consider the interests of landowners.As Corn pointed out landowners have all the tools they need to address deer management issues. This thread is about the methods the PGC are using to determine how many deer we have in each WMU and you can't answer that question, because the plan makes no sense based on the PGC's explanation of how antlerless tags are allocated.
How you found the forest health goals for each WMU yet? Is the goal to have good forest health in all WMUs?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Once again you lie when you say I don't consider the interests of landowners.As Corn pointed out landowners have all the tools they need to address deer management issues. This thread is about the methods the PGC are using to determine how many deer we have in each WMU and you can't answer that question, because the plan makes no sense based on the PGC's explanation of how antlerless tags are allocated.
How you found the forest health goals for each WMU yet? Is the goal to have good forest health in all WMUs?

You have suggested managing at MSY a number of times. That mentality doesnt consider landowner interest. Taint me doin the lyin LOL
Old 09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know a few guys in Illinois that would love to have Cornie come over there and advocate for them. Think the game plan is to get the deer population so high that the success rate for hunters is 100 percent. That whole little issue of miles of roads/population/deer accidents can be solved by simply building about ten thousand miles of new roads and forcing about a million drivers to leave the state. That should lower the deer/auto accident ratio to acceptable levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.