Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: Do you belong to the NRA?
Yes
60.71%
No
17.86%
I did in the past but let my membership expire.
21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Do you belong to the NRA?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

There was a time Unions were an important part of America, however their time is past. The Unions have destroyed the Auto industries in our Country and us, the tax paying citizen is picking up the tab. The Dems love the Unions and the Unions love the Dems. Why do you think Obama is bailing their A$$ out? Who picks up the tab? No-One should tell you how to vote. The Dems are throwing money around like it's candy. Someday, we all will pay!!!!

I vote, I back the NRA, and NO-ONE tells me who to vote for!!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

lifetime benefactor. my wife, kids and grandson are members also. I never get calls or mail from them for myself, but they are annual, so we get mail in their name. Im sure you can call them and ask them not to send stuff, except annual renewal notice.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

I guess I am a bit disappointed by the results of this poll. I was hoping to see nearly 90% for the NRA. I got to be honest. The way some responded to this thread, they are a disappointment.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Smile

NRA ...was a member for a long time but to much bull**** with them.
Now I am a member of
http://gunowners.org/
check them out
Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Part of the reason the results are, as they are, is the region of the country. If this pole were to be in the Midwest, you may not see the same results. Most of these cry babies on here are hiding behind their lame excuses rather than getting envolved. I've heard them all before, and never once did the NRA send me anything unless I signed up for it. If you don't want to help out the cause, be man enough to say so. It's not about hunting as some have said, it's about our Rights as American Citizens. When the Government comes lookin for our Guns, who would you rather stand up to them with? A bunch of Wine-heads, or true Blood Brothers who would die for their Rights to Bear Arms. The NRA isn't perfect, how ever, I would urge anyone to find a perfect organization. They all have faults. If you don't want to be a member, just be honest about it. I have been a member more years than alot of you who responded, are old, and am damn proud of it.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:18 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

I did the Life Member payment plan back in the late 1980's. It was $25 per quarter for 3 years - $300 total. At the time it was lot of money but in hindsight the best $300 I've ever spent.

I have not always agreed with everything the NRA has done but I believe in looking at the big picture and we as gun owners and hunters would be in a bad way if not for the NRA.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PHA
I have not always agreed with everything the NRA has done but I believe in looking at the big picture and we as gun owners and hunters would be in a bad way if not for the NRA.
I can only think of maybe one thing they did that I felt was in poor taste. It caused the President to cancel his lifetime membership. I think the NRA even realized that they made a mistake but, nobody is perfect. Other than that one blemish, I have been 100% behind them.