Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The good, the bad & the ugly.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The good, the bad & the ugly.

I am not naive enough to believe that the PGC's management goals are set up to make me happy, I wish were also.
But you support the PGC and their deer management plan but then you expect hunters not to follow the plan. That makes no sense. Since the majority of the land adjoining our property is open to the public ,I only know a few of the hunters that hunt those areas and I'm not about to tell others what they should or shouldn't shoot as long as it's legal..
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I was reading the Game news yesterday and saw a story about a small Wild turkey federation club that donated an automated turkey decor to help the PGC bust road hunters. Thats good.

Then the rest of the story goes on to say that cash, a chainsaw, sprayers and pruners have also been donated by this small club. Local hunters making their hunting better, what a concept.

Then I read about what the whiners here who spend their days bitching and complaining that the deer are, the deer are gone. Maybe if you put the mouse down and get outside maybe you too can make your own hunting a little bit better.[:-]

My hats off to those of you making things better foryour selves and others.

Hmmmm!.......I have a chainsaw, a sprayer and even pruners.

What do you think would happen if I were to go out to the SGL and improve the deer habitat a little?

What would RSB say when he heard that chainsaw and came out into the woods to investigate?

I predict he would be writing a citation, becuse it is illegal to do those activities on SGL, regardless if it were to make improvments.

While driving home with my citation in hand, I'd be wishing I would have just stayed home and kept my mouse in hand.

If it weren't illegal, I know several State owned areas I could improve with some plantings, yet there ain't much I can do about it is there?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I am not naive enough to believe that the PGC's management goals are set up to make me happy, I wish were also.
But you support the PGC and their deer management plan but then you expect hunters not to follow the plan. That makes no sense. Since the majority of the land adjoining our property is open to the public ,I only know a few of the hunters that hunt those areas and I'm not about to tell others what they should or shouldn't shoot as long as it's legal..
Don't put words in my mouth , I have stated numerous times I have little support for the PGC or their wood rat studies. Its just that I will not belittle, degrade or call a man a lier because he disagrees with myview of how deer should or should be managed.

I do find it quite comical that you would belittle ,degrade and mock R.S.B. and other employees of the PGC yet you won't discuss H.R. with your neighbors. Keyboard balls come to mind.

And not to name names but if in one thread I bragged about killing wellover a hundred deer and that shooting fawns was a big part of my success I don't think I would be posting about deer numbers or lack here of.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

We all have stake in the future of deer hunting in PA, this small club is making a difference and it would be nice to see more positive input than the blame game that some insist on playing.

Once again my hats off to those of you that care enough to get out and improve habitat for all of the states wildlife.

Like most things in life, yourhunting success will most likely reflect just how much effort you put into it.[:-]

Our hands are tied when it comes to going out ourselves to improve the habitat on SGLs.

I'd love to take my ATV out and plant some of the fields with deer clover at some SGLs.

It makes me lagh when I picture myself out there working to make improvements and the PGC shows up.

Would they be proud of me and shake my hand or do you think they'd respond differently?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't put words in my mouth , I have stated numerous times I have little support for the PGC or their wood rat studies. Its just that I will not belittle, degrade or call a man a lier because he disagrees with my view of how deer should or should be managed.
They are not liars because they disagree with my view of how the deer should be managed , they are liars because they make claims that are not supported by the facts.
I do find it quite comical that you would belittle ,degrade and mock R.S.B. and other employees of the PGC yet you won't discuss H.R. with your neighbors. Keyboard balls come to mind.

I have no problem discussing ARs and HR with my friends and neighbors. But ,they are all adults and have every right to harvest whatever is legal based on their own standards.
And not to name names but if in one thread I bragged about killing well over a hundred deer and that shooting fawns was a big part of my success I don't think I would be posting about deer numbers or lack here of.
That definitely wasn't me since I have not harvested 100 deer in PA, since I never shot more than 1 deer/yr.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Don't put words in my mouth , I have stated numerous times I have little support for the PGC or their wood rat studies. Its just that I will not belittle, degrade or call a man a lier because he disagrees with myview of how deer should or should be managed.

And not to name names but if in one thread I bragged about killing wellover a hundred deer and that shooting fawns was a big part of my success I don't think I would be posting about deer numbers or lack here of.

Huh!....You forgot the part about most of those deer coming form West Virginia...LOL

Besides of the ones from PA, I did just as The PGC ask. Couldn't have bought tags if they weren't available.

You agree with PGC's deer managment plan don't you?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel pretty bad about being blasted for not going out to improve habitat and all.

That NWTF club donating those supplies and all.

Then you insult us guys for not going out and improving things.

I kindly poited out that RSB would not be happy with me doing such things on SGL property.

Will you pay my fine?
Old 06-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

I feel pretty bad about being blasted for not going out to improve habitat and all.

That NWTF club donating those supplies and all.

Then you insult us guys for not going out and improving things.

I kindly poited out that RSB would not be happy with me doing such things on SGL property.

Will you pay my fine?
Or just maybe you could buy your own land.

But of course you knew that , so now you can tell me how poor and unable to afford the extra expense that land would cost you for time spent with your family doing what you say you love to do.

We all know what excuses are like, now don't we ?[:-]
Old 06-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

So thats the big fix to poor deer management in our state? All of us spend tons of cash as the only way to have even decent hunting? All 900,000+ of us? lol.

After you subtract all the land not for sale from the total land mass, land owners dont want to part with, + gameland +stateforests + cities + everything else not to be sold....

Maybe we can each become proud owners of 50 square feet apiece when all available land is divied up amongst us? lol.

Would you suggest we plant that with on tablespoon of clover seed, or 5 kernels of corn? lol.

"We all know what excuses are like, now don't we"

Youre right. We all know EXACTLY what they are like. We've listened to pgc making them for years.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Owning land is a realistic goal, its a great investment and a guaranteed return for your children.

Or you can use your method of bitching and whining on a message board, hows it working for ya?

Quick Reply: The good, the bad & the ugly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.