Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Are we losing sight?

Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Are we losing sight?

In my preteen years I hadn't yet become the cold blooded killer you claim to be.
Oh boy. Here we go. Oooooga Booooogaaaaa. Calling me or any other hunter a cold blooded killer brings you to the level of the Brady Bunch. And I'm not refering to the TV show either. And that is a real danger to our sport. Gentlemen, we've been infiltrated.[:@]

Actually, truth be told, I, like most hunters that I know, feel a sense of remorse about every animal that we kill. But you already knew that didn't you?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

But anyway, I buy a tag to fill it. I don't buy a tag to take a walk in the woods. I don't buy a tag to go to deer camp. I don't buy a tag to make memories or pictures. I buy a tag to kill.

I spend a year from the close of one season to the opening of the next getting ready to fill my tag. It's not a 3 day adventure to the mountains. It's not about sharing a campfire with Uncle Jeb. It's not about putting pictures on the wall. The only memories that I retain are the memories that are etched in my mind between the animal that I harvest and me. It's all about a way of life thatculminates into a filled tag. An unfilled tag represents failure to me. And that ain't good.

I know and understand where the original poster is coming from. That's a cool thingwith me. I've been there to.
Sorry if I read you wrong when I read what you wrote. My bad.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

But anyway, I buy a tag to fill it. I don't buy a tag to take a walk in the woods. I don't buy a tag to go to deer camp. I don't buy a tag to make memories or pictures. I buy a tag to kill.

I spend a year from the close of one season to the opening of the next getting ready to fill my tag. It's not a 3 day adventure to the mountains. It's not about sharing a campfire with Uncle Jeb. It's not about putting pictures on the wall. The only memories that I retain are the memories that are etched in my mind between the animal that I harvest and me. It's all about a way of life thatculminates into a filled tag. An unfilled tag represents failure to me. And that ain't good.

I know and understand where the original poster is coming from. That's a cool thingwith me. I've been there to.
Well the way I see it, there's a big difference between being a cold blooded killer and buying a tag to legally kill. A cold blooded killer needs no tags.

You didn't read it wrong. You're just trying to stir up some chit.[:-] But don't worry, I won't tell anybody.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like killing deer and make no appologies about it.The killing is actually anti-claimatic.It's the year long mission of scouting,shooting and finding new areas to hunt that keeps me going but make no mistake about it,when I load a gun or nock and arrow,I'm out there to kill.As nugent says,that's why our eyes on in the front of our heads.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

So if you don't buy a tag to kill, what do you buy it for?

Why buy one at all, just go bird watching. You can birdwatch 365 days a year and even on the Monday after Thanksgiving too, if you want. Its free!

Do like I said, sell your weapons and donate the proceeds to the PGC. Your not out there for the KILL,so what would you be missing.

You guys that claim you are not out there to kill are liars. It is all about the kill.

Why do you scout? Why do you sight in that rifle every year? Why practice with a bow?

Its all about killing isn't it? If it wasn't about the kill you'd be a nonhunting birdwatcher.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Manyspurs, DougE and windwalker 100%!! Very well said guys!!

Bawana I get to enjoy all the things you mentioned 9 months a year!!
But I only get to carry a loaded weapon for about 3 months a year and I my one and only goal is to fill tags.
I am curious to know how many days during the off season did you spend in your stand with a camera/video camera, shed hunting, working on food plots, playing with trail cams, scouting etc., I get the same thrill in Feb. finding a huge shed as I do killing a good buck in Nov., And I get just of big of rush shooting a big buck with my camera in August as I do with my bow in Nov. Pike
Old 06-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: J Pike

I agree with Manyspurs, DougE and windwalker 100%!! Very well said guys!!

Bawana I get to enjoy all the things you mentioned 9 months a year!!
But I only get to carry a loaded weapon for about 3 months a year and I my one and only goal is to fill tags.
I am curious to know how many days during the off season did you spend in your stand with a camera/video camera, shed hunting, working on food plots, playing with trail cams, scouting etc., I get the same thrill in Feb. finding a huge shed as I do killing a good buck in Nov., And I get just of big of rush shooting a big buck with my camera in August as I do with my bow in Nov. Pike
I spend just a little time in my woods.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2741859
Old 06-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

I can see a pretty good ways in the mature timber/pole timber stand in pic 4. That means the shrub layers is missing, similar to the 10's of thousands of acres that Alt said "drove him to his knees" upon seeing.

Id say according to pgc standards, your land is desparately in need of herd reduction.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

I can see a pretty good ways in the mature timber/pole timber stand in pic 4. That means the shrub layers is missing, similar to the 10's of thousands of acres that Alt said "drove him to his knees" upon seeing.

Id say according to pgc standards, your land is desparately in need of herd reduction.
If you ever pay off the mini van, and you get permission,you can email me an offer, but I don't allow doe hunting.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned

You should be paying for me to do the service.[:-]

I dont normally shoot does as Id said umpteen times, but in woods so overbrowsed as yours, I could make the exception. Lets say....$50 per head. Id say in a few weeks I could probably pay off the "minivan" and you would have plenty of shrub nesting birds, allegheny wood rats, and MORE AND BIGGER bucks after I cut your herd in half. lol.

Quick Reply: Are we losing sight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.