Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Are we losing sight?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never mind. Found it.

This guy is out there.

I'll also say that so far, he stands alone with that post. Every subsequent post so far is critical of that position.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Got a link to that quote spurs?

I know we disagree a lot but that quote is appalling to me too!
Yea guys like this are a real threat. I would have posted the link, but I'm not sure if it's permissable. I got banned once with no explanation, can't have it happen again. If someone wants the link, PM and I'll be glad to supply it.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Typical Buck

I know you guys are just holding back because we have too! That rotten no good &!()*&%$E ,son of a $!&$ ! Get "him" out of the woods!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

That quote is sickening, but encompasses the selfish, all about ME, attitude that is ruining hunting...and QDM is a part of it.....I'm gonna get lynched for that, but I truly believe they are hurting hunting.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
That quote is sickening, but encompasses the selfish, all about ME, attitude that is ruining hunting...and QDM is a part of it.....I'm gonna get lynched for that, but I truly believe they are hurting hunting.
+5 and amen.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Matt,I agree with you 100%.I too hold fond memories of hunting with my father and all the oldtimers at our old hunting camp.As the years have passed so have most of the old timers,we lost enough to where we could no longer keep up with the lease on the property.Although for a few years after, my dad and I still hunted together his age got him to the point that he was no longer able to go with me anymore,I continued to hunt for a few years without him but it was never the same.I got to the point that I no longer wanted to go myself,that was untill my own son was old enough to learn this wonderful sport that is so full of tradition, did I have that same excitement that I had as a boy.I hope that my son and I can form the same kinda bond and love for our sport that my dad and I had.

There are to many kids today that will never no the excitement of the old deer camp.We need to do everything we can to pass down these traditions. What type bow,gun ect. is not as importiant as passing on the tradition and love for our sport,what you use don't matter as long as your hunting,and passing on the tradition!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

It seems to me that plenty of folks in PA that hunt private ground kill plenty of deer. As much complaining that occurs about public ground, you still hear from plenty of people that do well on it. Some of the folks that complain the loudest about hunting conditions, usually end up admitting that they did get their deer but it was not as big of a buck as they wanted, or it was a doe, or they had to hunt harder than they wanted to get it (or insert any other number of complaints here). It just doesn't sound to me like some of these folks are really enjoying themselves and they can't help themselves from wanting to take a leak on other peoples fun as well. So, yes, some folks are losing sight......

But that is why i remain a fan of the PA deer hunting discussions. Always amusing to listen to people with a freezer full of venison, horns on the wall, and living in fairly close proximity to public access hunting areas the size of small european nations but who want to bitterly complain.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Banned

Thats what happens when greenies run your game agency lanse.

"hunting areas the size of small european nations "

Problem is, they hold roughly the same number of whitetail deer as those small european nations... Lotsa trillium & hobblebush though, if thats your thing. lol.

If it were the case in your states of Ohio/illinois, The whining would be just as loud.

See wisconsin. Best record book deer state in the nation. #1 in entries. Their harvest dropped significantly last few years and now the outcry is fierce. And they havent gone through a fraction of what we have here, and their harvests are still higher.

But according to you, its a nonissue, because noone has the right to complain no matter how justified. lmao.

Of all the guys here, even those I argue with adamantly, i believe I repect your opinion on these matters the least. You dont hunt here. You dont live here. No stake in it at all. All you care to do is drop in once in awhile to stir the pot, having said on many occassions you enjoy the controversy. That by definition would be a "troll".

Course after having read many of your posts for some time now, along with seeing that ridiculous avatar & sig line, its pretty clear all you want is attention. Well there. You got it. Now go back to trolling elsewhere. Because i really dont think we need an Ohio/illinois boy telling us how good Pennsylvania has it, creates some severe credibility issues if you know what i mean. lmao.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-14-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

LOL

Last edited by Screamin Steel; 12-14-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

Lanse....you don't have a friggin' clue. You are EXACTLY the type that I refer to when I say that the biggest threat to our sport doesn't lie within PETA or HSUS, but within ourselves.

Of all the guys here, even those I argue with adamantly, i believe I repect your opinion on these matters the least. You dont hunt here. You dont live here. No stake in it at all. All you care to do is drop in once in awhile to stir the pot, having said on many occassions you enjoy the controversy. That by definition would be a "troll".
That's about the size of it.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 12-14-2009 at 07:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Are we losing sight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.