Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA DEER MANAGEMENT SEARCH ON YAHOO.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Default PA DEER MANAGEMENT SEARCH ON YAHOO.

Was just thinking about looking through some things about pa deer management, maybe to get a few laughs, or see if anything new has been posted etc...

Typing in the keywords "PA DEER MANAGEMENT" on google can only leave one shaking their head and snickering. Cant help but laugh. I type in other states Plus deer management as keywords regularly and get lots of interesting links etc....

There is much discussion about the low level of hunter satisfaction here and has been for years on many other Pa message boards, so it probably comes as no surprise to most.

First page search results.
1. Link titled "DIRTY LITTLE SECRET BEHIND PA DEER MANAGEMENT". From some womens sportsmen group who apparently think the deer plan is attrocious and a sham and point to audubon societies very inappropriate lead role in it.

2. DCNR complaining about deer as always.
3. The 2005 AUDUBON SOCIETY DEER REPORT/ANTIDEER report. SOme of the biggest contributors to our deer program, and its no wonder its "nonhunter" friendly.
4. Robert Fryes "DEER WARS" book about Pas failed (my assessment) deer plan and hunter outrage. Little hint; its not titled "deer wars" because everyone loves the game commission deer plan. lol
5. Pa game commission site.
6. Pa deer.net giving their pgc supporting position statement on hunter discontent with deer program. "the deer management program has been underfire by numerous sportsmen throughout the state."
7.Ex-pgc deer teamsman/dcnr consultant and audubon nut Shissler giving his evalutation/damage control because of all the dissent and pgc not getting their fee increase.
8. QDMA.
9. Shissler again.

And that all folks. Quite a line-up eh? Someone wanting to learn about pa deer management learns quickly that all is not hunky-dory in the keystone state. [:'(]

Link to search results;
LINK
Old 06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA DEER MANAGEMENT SEARCH ON YAHOO.

Great Cornholio

Maybe if you spent more time scouting this time of year and knocking on doors instead of pissing and moaning about PA deer management on the internet you would have better than "poor" deer hunting in 2A. A WMU where 20 deer were harvested last year for every square mile of forest.

WV Gino
Old 06-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Host of Hosts

obviously you never read the Deer Wars Book. I suggest you read the book before jumping to conclusions on what it's about. It covers a wide variety of issues. It isn't just about people who hate the deer policy in PA.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned

My success rate is just fine thanks for the concern Gino. Ive also been out quite a bit lately again, thanks for the tipIf my success rate ever suffers and Im looking for suggestions from an antideer flower sniffer, you will be the first person I consult..[:'(]

I could scout 24/7 365 days of the year, and the hunting overall in the wmu (or any other) wouldnt be rated any higher. And that is according to MY standards which takes much into account. Including but not limited to comparing to previous, comparing to other states Ive hunted, and comparing to what should be expected from a hunting area and deer management program.

"A WMU where 20 deer were harvested last year for every square mile of forest"

With a huge amount of the wmu being nonforested, yet some of the best deer habitat type to be found anywhere. Edge habitat, reverting cropland, croplands, pasture, blackberry greenbriar etc. thickets galore. etc. Not very impressive. Might sound as such with very creative statements such as yours. Until you look at the fact we fell from around 2nd in buck harvest to around the middle of the pack. And we now harvest as many buck in a several county area as we once did in ONE. Lmao. Kinda knocks some of the spunk out of your deception tactics doesnt it? LOL

Your futile attempt to discredit with your addition of nothingness to the thread was kinda "creative". But the post I made had nothing to do with my wmu or my satisfaction. It is what it is. SPeaks to the pizz poor situation our state is in currently, and it speaks for itself.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Banned

"obviously you never read the Deer Wars Book."

Ive read enough of it to kill my apetite for reading. I thought it might be interesting, but when I saw the level of bias on the part of the author, when the book was supposed to just tell the tale from a completely unbiased perspective. It wasnt the case, so Id seen enough and have no further use for the book.

And once again I'll say it, DEER WARS is not titled as such because our state is in a state of harmony with our deer program and that was my point all along.
I dont see you trying to say otherwise, so not sure why you even chose to act as if I were mistaken in some way. The book explains the history etc...But the entire reason for the book is because of much disagreement in deer management issues currently. Just pointing out the fact it wouldnt even exist if our state were singing koom-by-ya. as is the case if you believe what you read when rsb and a couple of others tell it. LOL.

In first page search results for our states deer management We have a book about "deer wars" a few audubon and audubon affiliated threads, dcnr complaining about deer, and everything else exactly as I stated....You see no problem with that, but are concerned about wether or not Id read the book?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

>your addition of nothingness to the thread

Seems fitting to add nothingness to a nothingness thread. [8D]

WV Gino
Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

Yet of all the hundreds of threads on this site to post to, you chose this one, my humble little huntingnet contribution space.[:-]

Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny, must be two Yahoos!! LOL

Here's the link from page 1 of the Yahoo search

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=pa+deer+management&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

This is a cut and paste from page 1 of a Yahoo search for PA DEER MANAGEMENT

[/align][/align]

Web[*]Images[*]Video[*]Local[*]Shopping
more

[ul][*]Answers[*]Directory[*]Jobs[*]News[*]All Search Services[/ul][/align][/ul]
Search query[/align]Options

[ul][*]Advanced Search[*]Preferences[/ul]
[/align][ul][*]Advertising Programs[*]About This Page[/ul][/align][/align]Customize

[ul]Default Enhancements

More...[/ul]
[/align][ul][*]Browse Gallery[*]Manage Settings[/ul][/align][/align]Yahoo![/align]
[/align]
[/align]

Search suggestions:
Use the Escape key to return to the search box. Use the right arrow key to explore related concepts.
[/align]
pa deer management assistance program
pa deer management pa bucks
pa deer management articles
pa deer management areas
pa deer management forum
pa deer management plan
pa deer management meetings
pa deer management programs
pa deer management 2005
pa deer management papers[/ul][/align]
Showing results containing:

[/align][/align]

Explore related concepts:
Use the Escape key to return to the search box. Use the left arrow key to return to the search suggestions. Use the up and down arrow keys to select concepts related to your query.
[/align][*]white-tailed deer[*]QDMA[*]whitetail deer[*]deer populations[/ul]
[*]deer hunting[*]Pennsylvania Game Commission[*]Hunters[*]deer program[/ul][/align]
Search Assist Settings[/align]Help[/align][/align][/align][/align]
[/align]
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

1 - 10 of 6,530,000 for pa deer management (About) - 0.27 s | SearchScanBETA On
[/align]

Also try:
[*]pa deer management assistance program,[*]More...[/ul][/align]search results

[ol][*]

Pennsylvania Game Commission - State Wildlife Management Agency: Deer ...[/align]Managing the state's White-tailed (Whitetail) Deer population and their habitats for current and future generations through conservation and husbandry practices to ...[/align]www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/browse.asp?a=465&bc=0&c=70124 - Cached[/align][*]

[PDF]
New Deer Management Booklet Available From PGC on Pennsylvania Deer ...[/align]391k - Adobe PDF - View as HTML[/align]... was presented with the history of deer management in Pennsylvania and the asso ... Pennsylvania's deer management plan ensures the protection ...[/align]www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/pdf/2008_deer_management.pdf[/align][*]

White-tailed Deer in Pennsylvania's Forests[/align]Bureau of Forestry Deer Management Plan (Updated for 2007) - Comprehensive plan ... in the Pennsylvania Game Commission's Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) ...[/align]www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/deer/index.aspx - Cached[/align][*]

Pennsylvania State Forests Deer Management Plan[/align]Pennsylvania State Forests---Deer Management---A Plan for the Department of ... presentation on deer management across Pennsylvania through a huge public ...[/align]www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/deer/deerplan.aspx - 96k - Cached[/align][*]

Deer Forum Report 2005 - Pennsylvania Audubon[/align]... the Deer Management Forum for Audubon Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania Habitat ... Part 5: Deer Management Policy and Institutional Structures Needed (325K) ...[/align]pa.audubon.org/deer_report.html - Cached[/align][*]

QDMA Pennsylvania State Chapter[/align]The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is a non-profit wildlife ... THE PA CHAPTER OF THE. QUALITY DEER MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION ...[/align]www.paqdma.com - Cached[/align][*]

YouTube - Pennsylvania Deer Management Pt. 1[/align]

Part one of the Pennsylvania Game Commission's newly released deer management video that offers an in-depth look at how and why the commission manages white[/align]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQASLg69FUM - 86k - Cached[/align][/align].Play Video[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][*]

YouTube - Pennsylvania Deer Management Pt. 3[/align]

Part three of the Pennsylvania Game Commission's newly released deer management video that offers an in-depth look at how and why the commission manages whit...[/align]www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_X_PDsVjms - 80k - Cached[/align][/align].Play Video[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][*]

Quality Deer Management Association[/align]Support Pennsylvania Deer Research Project ... The Only Deer and Land Management Expo in the Nation Opens July 26-27. 07/07/2008 ...[/align]www.qdma.org/press/6-05-06-Grant.asp - Cached[/align][*]

Quality Deer Management Association[/align]Old Field Management (PDF) More Articles on Deer Management & Biology ... The Only Deer and Land Management Expo in the Nation Opens July 26-27. 07/07/2008 ...[/align]www.qdma.com - Cached
[/align][/ol][/align]
Matter of fact, the first hit that could be construed as being even slightly negative is on the second page of hits

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/pages/valleyindependent/deer/same.html

And the main subject of that one is that there has been controversy over deer numbers since the 30's..........Gee, didn't RSB just post something like that????
[/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 06-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK I see where you screwed up.

But gee, should we take deer management advice from the professionals or from a guy who don't know Yahoo from Google
Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned

Sorry, I see I posted the title incorrectly as "yahoo" but did post in correctly in my post. I think you get the point though slappy. lmao.

Course the Yahoo search is just SO MUCH BETTER! lmao. Having dcnr whining about deer and a couple of audubon pages right up front in top few results. Just like their input into our management currently. Right up front.

Quick Reply: PA DEER MANAGEMENT SEARCH ON YAHOO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.