Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Old 06-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Resident
poor
Old 06-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

I am a resident and hunted Pa since 1957 in the same area which is 5c on our own family 102 acre farm.
POOR, Deer pop has decreased to scary low numbers. Our farm has lots of feed we let stand. And We went from a high of 40 deer to ,if we our lucky 3. And I have not even shot one in 3 years. I now hunt another state. And I cry when I leave the farm for a 6 hour drive to another state. So depressing.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I didn't list by wmu's in original post.

2f= Fair to good

3a= Good

3c= Good to excellent
Old 06-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Resident- Hunted 17 seasons.

Mainly 3B. It's gone from excellent topoor then since ARs,to excellent again.

Outside of the tally, as to not cheat the system, I have hunted 4E and 5B and found it to be excellant as well.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

resident 1A good
Old 06-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Non-resident (wannabe/future deer hunter in PA (one of these days...) ) Don't know where I'd hunt yet.

Resident deer hunter = Virginia
Non-resident deer hunter = New York

- Have seen plenty of deer while driving thru PA, and have heard the many many legendary stories of deer hunting in PA as a kid.
- Going to my wife's family in Buffalo NY - the scenery thru the Allegheny Mts along Route 219 is beautiful.
- Going to other relatives up around the Finger Lakes - the scenery all the way up Route 15 thru Williamsport is really nice.
- Going to my sister's big horse farm in NY - the scenery all the way up I-81 is boring and long, but it's okay.
- Honest... PA is a nice state with a lot of history and legendary numbers of deer hunters.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Resident

2B Excellent
2D Excellent
2F Good

If you want just one vote for your poll I'd say Excellent.

My assesment is based on quality not quantity.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Resident. I rate PA private land as fair on average. Of course it varies considerably but it would be hard to ever rate private land hunting as poor without a chuckle for the sake of irony. Public land I have hunted in four WMU's since the deer plan have all been rated as poor, though several I would have rated good to excellent right up till 2000-2001. Glaring example. One gentleman just stated that he rated 5B as excellent. I live in 5B and it has very limited public land which is way overhunted and DD are quite low subsequently. I have to believe he was hunting private land...which still boasts some excellent opportunties but cannot be fairly compared with the small parcels of public land available. This poll I fear, is not going to paint much of a fair portrait of anything other than deer hunting in PA (public land) is a tattered remnant of what it used to be, and no AR's cannot make up for the lack of deer, just because there are a few more older bucks running around wondering where all their girlfriends disappeared to. The gap between public and private land quality has never been so wide, and comparing the two is night and day.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Resident,hunted 2A for last 25 years and went fron excellent to poor inthe last 6-8 years .

ps: Also hunt 2B - GOOD
2F - POOR
Old 06-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

5C -fair

Quick Reply: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.