Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Old 09-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

And I've got you claiming lies and PGC conspiracy at everything that disputes your position. So, I can either just learn about PA deer hunting by posting a one-man poll that only you can respond to, or i can solicit a wide range of opinions and take them all with a grain of salt.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

Naa. Why dont we just take polls about the deer plan and ask pgc, usf and supporting member who uses umpteen ids?

All i have are conspiracy theories? lmao. Lance.... lance... lance. You know better than that as I and others have proven it over and over and over and over... To some, the facts that dont support them are always just "conspiracy theories" because thats what theyd like other posters to believe.

"i can solicit a wide range of opinions and take them all with a grain of salt."

Then why dont you do so? All i did was make an observation, and apparently you didnt like it. I have no problem with anyone taking any poll. You gave your explanation of what you said you thought the results meant, and I gave mine.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-17-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just to make the rules more fair for those whom don't support AR's your buck tag should be good for only 5 pointers or less and you should be forced to pass on any trophy deer that you might see because of the sacrifices made by those of us that support AR's and kill off only those little pukes you are so proud of.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had no desire to develop a poll just for the PGC folks. To the contrary I did a poll where everyone could respond and where a wide range of responses were given. Given that responses varied across the whole spectrum of possible choices it is kind of silly to assert that it was tainted by PGC people just because it didn't say exactly what you wanted to say. If the poll was slanted one way or the other, then the responses would be bi-modal with the Cornie crowd all voting waste of time and all the PGC crowd voting Excellent. That didn't happen so, your assertions are coming across as silly and putting you on thin ice in terms of credibility.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Banned

"Just to make the rules more fair for those whom don't support AR's your buck tag should be good for only 5 pointers or less and you should be forced to pass on any trophy deer that you might see because of the sacrifices made by those of us that support AR's and kill off only those little pukes you are so proud of"

Jim, you trying to be a funny guy or what? You gonna pretend to act as if you dont know that I DO support ar? I guess my stating it 1000 times and often TO YOU hasnt made my position clear enough? The very clear position that I support ar and not the excessive and ridiculous hr. Im in a 4 point ar area, not 3 point and I support it and then some. I dont shoot barely legal buck, and havent long before ar. SO if you prefer to kill "better than 5 pointers" Id suggest we make that special tag even higher than you suggest at 5 points, that way you can take part in the slightly larger dink shooting.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-17-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Banned

"If the poll was slanted one way or the other, then the responses would be bi-modal"

Its slanted because the results would be even less supportive than they already were with pgc employees, multiple id voters and usf employees voting.

"with the Cornie crowd all voting waste of time and all the PGC crowd voting Excellent."

For all intense purposely a "good" vote is just the same as "excellent" and "poor" is just like a "waste of time". SInce they are all taken as you either SUPPORT or you DO NOT support.

"your assertions are coming across as silly "

No sillier than the claims made that other polls were any more or less validthan this.

"and putting you on thin ice in terms of credibility. "

According to you. Which according to your posts and what others think of them in other forums on this board, I wouldnt say means very much. lmao. My posts speak for themselves....With or without your helpful evaluations. lol

As I said previously. You gave your "take" on the poll and what you thought it meant. I did the same. you didnt like it and it apparently put a sprag up your butt for some reason. I Dont know or care why, but i believe given time.... you will get over it.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
"4. No matter how a poll is conducted, people are going to interpret it differently according to their personal agenda. For example, if a poll has a category of "fair," Cornie has, in the past, wanted to include that category in with "poor" to demonstrate that hunting is bad. On the other hand, folks who are more optimistic may interpret "fair" as being closer to "good" than "poor."

Agreed. Which is why they should be more definatively worded as to leave no doubt as to intent..
I also agree that the answers should be more definatively worded. Fair shouldn't have even been an option. Fair is a non committal answer. Make the person being polled commit themselves one way or the other.

"5. Given the various factors above, any statewide poll is going to mask local realities. If, for example, a statewide poll has 60 precent of hunters identifying deer hunting as fair or worse, you can still have large areas of WMUs or private land where DSM and harvest rates remain outstanding."

1st, I dont believe 60%. I believe more like 80 some to 90% would state fair or worse. Going by those I speak with and have heard voice opinions even more wouldnt be out of the question. would state fair or worse. Second, I have no problem with anyone who is happy with the hunting on their own well managed parcel etc. It is THEY who have a problem with the rest of us demanding proper management. And its usually because they have other interest in the topic moreso than as a hunter.

Lets also try and keep things in perspective here. When you ask people what they think of pgc, the sum of the answers will be FAR more inclusive of distrust and in some cases downright hatred than at any point in history. Alt had to wear a bullet proof vest for cryin out loud! The pgc is being sued. LEgislators petitioned. Pgc having legislative intervention & audits, no fee increase because of low approval, books written about our "deer wars" which are well known nationwide. HEck pgcs own little hand picked poll showed a 41% decline in satisfaction among the same people they had polled a few years previously! That means even less satisfaction than previously as we go along!! And they act as if they cant figure out why! lol. This aint just a petty little "oh well, some are happy some aint" situation! lmao. This is complete and gross mismanagement.
I also agree with Cornellius again. All these are clear indicators that there is dissatisfaction with the PGC. How can you argue that they are not? These things would not be happening if all was going well.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Banned

Mav, its ridiculous to insinuate otherwise to many of us who actually know whats going on here and live and hunt here. Lanse doesnt understand whats going on. Thats the level of "understanding" of the situation you get when you have a busy-body from hundreds of miles away trying for some reason to evaluate and solve all our problems for us and starting by going by the results of a poll where multiple ids were a probability and pgc and other special interests had voted as well.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-17-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK, Cornie here is another poll just for you so that you will be happy with the outcome. Please note, this is just for Cornie.

1. True or True: The entire state of PA is the black hole of deer hunting?

2. People who say that deer hunting is good to excellent in many areas of private land in PA are:

a. Liars.
b. Liars.
c. Liars.
d. All of the above.

3. People who claim that deer hunting in any PA WMU is anything other than poor are:

a. Drunk liars.
b. Lying drunks.
c. PGC conspirators.
d. Forestry conspirators.
e. All of the above.

4. True or True: Everyone that disagrees with me about deer hunting in PA is a paid employee of the PGC?

5. In the past I claimed that deer hunting in PA in general sucks. Later I changed my tune and acknowledged that it could be good on private land, but said that it still sucks on all public land, even if I have never been there, and other people that hunt those spots say it is good. My logic is:

a. Deeply flawed if I am another person, but since i am Cornie it makes perfect sense.
b. Being distorted by subliminal radio waves sent out by the master transmitter at the PGC Conspiratorial Headquarters.
c. Perfect.
d. All of the above.

There, now nobody but Cornie can take this poll.. And Cornie I am gonna send you a secret "codeword" to use to start your response. That way we will know that it is actually you posting and that the PGC has not hacked into HNI and is giving distorted answers to attempt to further discredit you.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

" Second, I have no problem with anyone who is happy with the hunting on their own well managed parcel etc. It is THEY who have a problem with the rest of us demanding proper management. And its usually because they have other interest in the topic moreso than as a hunter.
I also agree with Cornelius about this specific item. I too have a problem with people who behave this way. It is a very arrogant, selfish, self-centered attitude to have. As long as everything is going alright for me, everybody else be damned. They should be embarrassed.

Quick Reply: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.