Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Everyone have there bows dusted

Old 06-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Everyone have there bows dusted

Very nice Buck! Congratulations Manyspurs! [/align][/align][/align]Come on corn,where is your sense of adventure and challenge? Go for it! You might be glad you did?[/align][/align]My buddy went back to a homemade recurve two seasons ago. Last year he even went as far as tipping his shafts with flint heads. He got a doe last year with that setup.[/align]
Old 06-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ManySpurs: Great buck! Got to love hunting the hard way, kill or no kill!! Love the crested arrows also. Self customed?, and if so, interested in making some money?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrrats on a nice buck the hard way many Spurs
Old 06-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

ManySpurs: Great buck! Got to love hunting the hard way, kill or no kill!! Love the crested arrows also. Self customed?, and if so, interested in making some money?
Thanks. Yes those arrows were self crested and fletched ala "the Hillbilly Method". I used Yellow Krylon spray paint, red and silver Testors Model paint, a paint brush, a permanent magic marker for the black bands, Scotch Tape to mask, and a variable speed drill, and Polyurethane spary to cover it all up. Was pretty easy and relatively inexpensive. Sorry to say....wish I could help you out....but I'm way to busy to be taking on any cresting jobs. It makes for a great summertime project though. Give it a try!

Great job manyspurs. Several years back Id really thought id like to make a bow out of Osage stave and try and kill a buck with it. Just couldnt convince myself of putting in the work and meticulous crafting involved only to snap it over my knee when I missed what would probably be the biggest buck Id ever see with it within easy range. (LOL)
Thanks. And that scenario is exactly what happened a few days prior to harvesting the buck in the picture. I had been scouting a certain buck for 2 years, picked up 3 of his sheds, one a matching pair. Got 'em on the deer cam twice, and had him at 22 yards a few days before I took this buck. He was a brute. Shot was to far for my stickbow. That was a heartbreaker.[:'(]He ended up getting hit by a semi during the rut that year. Biggest 8 pointer I've even seen dead or alive bar none. I gotta find those pictures.

And thanks for the attention everyone. The rack from this buck has been setting in the garage for a few years. I finally got up the ambition to mount the rack on a plaque this weekened. It really turned out nice. Thanks again.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

th30utdoorman5
Yes there is trap too.
But june july august There is archery state and nationals too
Old 06-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

Sure. Let me dig it up. Thanks for asking.

This one was special. It was the first year in several that I was able to hunt without using a crossbow. 100% luck and the Red Gods were sure smiling on me that day.

Great Buck!! Congrats and with a recurve to boot!! You the man!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

I reckon this is the place to share my joy for the day. For many years, I've been a devoted fan of the late Paul Schafer. Paul was one helluva bowhunter and a top notch outdoorsman. If you do a search, you can find some real interesting old videos of some of his hunts for brown bears and mountain goats. TradGang has a bunch of his vids posted. I've wanted a Schaffer Silvertip recurve since forever.

Today was my 52nd birthday. I don't know how she(my wife)pulled it off, but when I hit the the coffee pot this morning, there was a little note attached to my usual coffee cup telling me to take a look on the back porch. When I opened the door, there hung a brand spanking new Schaffer Silvertip that I unknowingly spec'd outquite some time ago.What a bow and what a women!

I can feel the magic in this bow. Man I can't wait until the NY bow season opens so I can feel the magic of carrying a Silvertip in the magical October woods. I'm one lucky SOB I tell ya!