Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW PGC COMMISSIONER...

Old 06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

Default NEW PGC COMMISSIONER...

So what do the Pa guys think of our newest confirmed commissioner Mr. Bob Sclemmer??
Old 06-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NEW PGC COMMISSIONER...

I haven't had a chance to really dig into much info about him. But from the scuttlebutt I heard at a meetingTuesday night,it looks like his perspectivewill be a refreshing change on the BOCs.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Banned

Im very unsure as well.

I dont know a ton, do know he was on the gov. sportsmen advisory committee...

I know that he was a pgc deputy for 30 or 40 years on his bio.

Only thing I know positive for sure is that the biggest pgc brownnosers and antideer/ecoextremist viewed posters on the internet are not happy about his confirmation. The usual suspects, Bluetick, JohnS, GTF, DennyF and others from HPA are speaking out against him. So in my book, that puts at least one big PLUS in the win column. But overall, for me, the jury is still out. I hear a lot of rumor among "real hunters" of positive "changes in direction" possibly being on the horizon. I think that may be more a knee jerk reaction of the hunters to the two nonhunterfriendly antideer malcontents Pallone and Schleiden having finally left moreso than anything else. Im not so sure that "change" prediction will be true, but time will tell I suppose.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

hear a lot of rumor among "real hunters" of positive "changes in direction" possibly being on the horizon. I think that may be more a knee jerk reaction of the hunters to the two nonhunterfriendly antideer malcontents Pallone and Schleiden having finally left moreso than anything else.
I know there was a sigh of relief from area hunters that I know when Schleidens term expired. I'll be having a chat with a WCO that has been pretty outspoken about the deer plan and how it's affecting the NC counties on Friday. He'll give me the final word on Mr Sclemmer. Stay glued to the screen.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

The usual suspects, Bluetick, JohnS, GTF, DennyF and others from HPA are speaking out against him.
Let's give Gino, Dr Trout, DCE, Loggy, the High On Life Chicken Kicker, Hogan, Bob From Montco, Flintknocker, Shooter, and Lost Again honable mentions. They work hard at it.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Spurs

leave me off that list. I do not know the gentleman nor do I know the first thing about him.

I have made one post one the subject over at another board and in fact suggested that people not trash him until they see where he votes on the issues.

Wv Gino
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

"I have made one post one the subject over at another board and in fact suggested that people not trash him until they see where he votes on the issues"

I agree Gino. But when all is said and done and this gentleman starts showing his colors, I hope it is YOU guys that are the ones doing the trashing, so the rest of us can rest easy for a nice change of pace. After having to yelp and pizz and moan over Roxy and Shneaky Shleiden, I think its about time for you guys to take a turn. LOL
Old 06-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not much impressed with how he got there, mostly. The system in place for the vetting of applicants and recommendations to the Gov for those deemed to be suitable,was bypassed and ignored.

This nomination came about directly from the Gov's staff and pushedbythose Senators who supported Schlemmer for the position. That takes us back to how these things used to work: Political connections vs any attempt at interviews, resumesand passing muster from an advisory council.

In the current political climate in Harrisburg, no surprise that the nomination passed by a 49 to 1 vote and was taken on fairly short notice, late in the day. Rendell's people wanted Schlemmer, they got Schlemmer.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Banned

...If that were indeed true, that the governor really handpicked this guy, then one would assume mr. Sclemmer would be antideer and pro-timber, pro ecoextreme minded. The governor being the head of DCNR and all. That being the case, those propgc/pro deer plan guys should be ecstatic.

I and many others are looking for hunter representation. And I dont really care about how the process goes that gets them here. If Sclemmer is that type, great. If he isnt, not so great. But unless changes are made to the system as Im sure most would like to see done with commissioner selection process, nothing will change, and Im certain this deal with sclemmer is far from an isolated incident as far as having politics involved.

Odds are, if Sclemmer hadnt been passed over initially and it being so publicized, noone would be making the accusations and most likely would be none the wiser. Course many of us know how crooked the system is and was long before this incident.

Who Put pallone up for consideration? Shleiden? Hill?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:04 AM
Typical Buck

Check WMI's website. I keep waiting to see them appoint Palone and Schleiden to the board of directors....just in time for the audit! Very funny how those PGC flagwavers that laugh when we imply political dirty dealings, and call us conspiracy theorists, happily jump on the same boat when they don't get their way.[:'(]
I'm not much impressed with how he got there, mostly. The system in place for the vetting of applicants and recommendations to the Gov for those deemed to be suitable,was bypassed and ignored.

This nomination came about directly from the Gov's staff and pushedbythose Senators who supported Schlemmer for the position. That takes us back to how these things used to work: Political connections vs any attempt at interviews, resumesand passing muster from an advisory council.

In the current political climate in Harrisburg, no surprise that the nomination passed by a 49 to 1 vote and was taken on fairly short notice, late in the day. Rendell's people wanted Schlemmer, they got Schlemmer.

Quick Reply: NEW PGC COMMISSIONER...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.