Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW PGC COMMISSIONER...

Old 06-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEW PGC COMMISSIONER...

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

The usual suspects, Bluetick, JohnS, GTF, DennyF and others from HPA are speaking out against him.
Let's give Gino, Dr Trout, DCE, Loggy, the High On Life Chicken Kicker, Hogan, Bob From Montco, Flintknocker, Shooter, and Lost Again honable mentions. They work hard at it.
wow,I didn't realize that Ihad evencommented on the subject.Maybe I was typing in my sleep.

I don't know nothing about the guy.This time of year is far too busy for me.Unless there's a specific post on a subject,I'm in the dark.It appears that the way he got the seat is full of speculation but once again,I really don't know the facts.

What do I work hard at?I don't agree with everything the PGC does.However,I don't buy into the conspiracy theories floating around and I certainly don't think they're trying to ruin hunting.I also understand the need to have less deer and I can live with less.If that makes me an anti deer,flower sniffing,tree hugging eco-weenie,so be it.You certainly don't know me very well.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Banned

I dont know how many of us think pgc goal is to ruin hunting Doug. I dont see them going out of their way to make us miserable. I think it more like them not giving us/ deer hunting much consideration one way or another. The degradation to our sport is just a nasty little side effect of them catering 100% to other interests. Like the econuts and timber/dcnr. They see how it is effecting us and just do not care apparently. That is what happens when you have people dictating GAME management when hunting isnt an important consideration to them at all. They feel we should be happy as long as there deer actually existing to hunt, no matter how few they decide to "permit" us we should be thankful to them! LOL.[:'(]

This is also not "conspiracty theory" this is exactly what is going on.

"I also understand the need to have less deer"

As can i. Within reason. But not the lowest dd's in the country! There is no reason to have statewide slaughter to the extent that it has taken place.

"and I can live with less."

As can I. LIVE. Yet I see no reason to bend over on command. For such extremes as has been implemented there need be very good reason. And Im sorry but unnatural levels of biodiversity that exist nowhere in the country because econuts want our forests to be the trillium and hobblebush gardens of their wet dreams is NOT a good reason for me!!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

You're just hearing things, if you thought anyone called you anything. It wasn't about you, never is.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

"Check WMI's website. I keep waiting to see them appoint Palone and Schleiden to the board of directors....just in time for the audit! Very funny how those PGC flagwavers that laugh when we imply political dirty dealings, and call us conspiracy theorists, happily jump on the same boat when they don't get their way"

No truer words have ever been spoken SS! .

Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Very funny how those PGC flagwavers that laugh when we imply political dirty dealings, and call us conspiracy theorists, happily jump on the same boat when they don't get their way.[:'(]
Funny how that works eh?

wow,I didn't realize that Ihad evencommented on the subject.Maybe I was typing in my sleep.
Take 'er easy Doug. I was chust checkin' to see how many of the "crew" were keeping tabs on this board. So far, you and Gino checked in. I gotta go buy more bait.

I dont know how many of us think pgc goal is to ruin hunting Doug. I dont see them going out of their way to make us miserable. I think it more like them not giving us/ deer hunting much consideration one way or another. The degradation to our sport is just a nasty little side effect of them catering 100% to other interests. Like the econuts and timber/dcnr. They see how it is effecting us and just do not care apparently.
I don't care one way or another how it effects me. I've been through the great times and bad times as far as the deer herd is concerned. My larder has always had a good supply of deer meat and it always will. What bothers me are the statistics and data on herd health. This data is very troubling.[:@]
Old 06-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am taking it easy.Not worked up in the least over this post.

I check in daily but lost my password and was too lazy to get a new one.

I don't have a whole lot of faith in the roadkilled data they use to determine the health of the herd myself.From 2003-1005 they only checked 112 deer in 2G.That's about 37 deer a year.Thirty of them were fawns and they don't use them anymore to determine herd health.They use 3 year olds and older to determine herd health now and over a 3 year periodonly 64 were checked.I may be wrong but I don't see how that can be statistically significant.

What Isee myself and what other that I know see is a different story.I know without any shadow of a doubt that we've seen big improvements in the habitat in many areas over the past several years.I also feel that overall,the deer herd is getting healthier.The size and number of bucks showing up at taxidermists is unreal.There is less deer and it can be a tough pill to swallow at times but redcuing the herd was the right thing to do.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

There is less deer and it can be a tough pill to swallow at times but redcuing the herd was the right thing to do.

Yep and for many reasons, most of them the right ones.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

I am taking it easy.Not worked up in the least over this post.

I check in daily but lost my password and was too lazy to get a new one.

I don't have a whole lot of faith in the roadkilled data they use to determine the health of the herd myself.From 2003-1005 they only checked 112 deer in 2G.That's about 37 deer a year.Thirty of them were fawns and they don't use them anymore to determine herd health.They use 3 year olds and older to determine herd health now and over a 3 year periodonly 64 were checked.I may be wrong but I don't see how that can be statistically significant.

What Isee myself and what other that I know see is a different story.I know without any shadow of a doubt that we've seen big improvements in the habitat in many areas over the past several years.I also feel that overall,the deer herd is getting healthier.The size and number of bucks showing up at taxidermists is unreal.There is less deer and it can be a tough pill to swallow at times but redcuing the herd was the right thing to do.
I have all the faith in the world in the roadkill stats as they arehardstats and not something that I "think" I see. I see things growing to,which given the drastic reduction in the herd, one should expect. Is this reductionand growth benefiting herd health? No. Not according the the facts.[&:]And THAT'S what I'm basing my assesment on.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

"What I see myself and what other that I know see is a different story.I know without any shadow of a doubt that we've seen big improvements in the habitat in many areas over the past several years."

And in many others it was fine from day one. Yet they were not spared the slaughter.

"I also feel that overall,the deer herd is getting healthier."

I do not. Nor is there any supportive data of that assessment.

"The size and number of bucks showing up at taxidermists is unreal."

No. Thats just if we believe your accounts of one or two taxidermists in your area. how do you put it??..... Not "statistically significant". On the other hand taxidermists around here that ive spoken with in last couple of years do not share your taxidermists results. Just the opposite in fact. Might have something to do with our modern day low herd size..

"There is less deer and it can be a tough pill to swallow at times but redcuing the herd was the right thing to do. "

But not nearly in the amount in which it has been done.....by any stretch of the imagination unless you have an unhealthy facination with excessive amounts of trillium hobblebush and other econut worthless desirables.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

"What I see myself and what other that I know see is a different story.I know without any shadow of a doubt that we've seen big improvements in the habitat in many areas over the past several years."

And in many others it was fine from day one. Yet they were not spared the slaughter.

"I also feel that overall,the deer herd is getting healthier."

I do not. Nor is there any supportive data of that assessment.

"The size and number of bucks showing up at taxidermists is unreal."

No. Thats just if we believe your accounts of one or two taxidermists in your area. how do you put it??..... Not "statistifcally significant". On the other hand taxidermists around here that ive spoken with in last couple of years do not share your taxidermists results. Just the opposite in fact. Might have something to do with our modern day low herd size..

"There is less deer and it can be a tough pill to swallow at times but redcuing the herd was the right thing to do. "

But not nearly in the amount in which it has been done.....by any stretch of the imagination unless you have an unhealthy facination with excessive amounts of trillium hobblebush and other econut worthless desirables instead of reasonable deer numbers. To each his own i guess, but the huge majority of hunters in our state do not agree with your values..

Quick Reply: NEW PGC COMMISSIONER...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.