Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WHAT IS BEST FIX FOR THE BROKEN SYSTEM IN PA??

Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default WHAT IS BEST FIX FOR THE BROKEN SYSTEM IN PA??

What do you think should be done to fix Pas deer problems if Pgc continues to be unwilling to do so??
Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WHAT IS BEST FIX FOR THE BROKEN SYSTEM IN PA??

Your open mindedness is like a breath of stale air. There could be some insignificantadjustments to humor some of the malcontents but as we lose hunt able land tohomes and autos a reasonable person understands population adjustments are needed to avoid human-deer conflict's.
Farmers profit margins are paper thin and the other 92% of non hunting Pennsylvanians don't desirethe deer in every basket mentality that some of you seem to have.
If you see the P.G.C. as your enemy,then maybe you are involved in the wrong fore-pleasure activities, maybe you'd be more suitedto golf.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

O Send calming letters to the PGC letting them know that the internet legend, Cornelius The Great, will do them no harm.

O Isn't it obvious, put Cornelius in charge!!!![8D]

Just two options that should be added to the poll.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

"Your open mindedness is like a breath of stale air"

Oh, Im sorry, I didnt realize i had to be open minded about being hosed for no good reason by the Pennsylvania game commission.

"There could be some insignificant adjustments to humor some of the malcontents but as we lose hunt able land to homes and autos a reasonable person understands population adjustments are needed to avoid human-deer conflict's."

Yes. and that has more than been addressed with ANY reduction we would have implemented and not an excuse for the extremes. There are also cacs that were implemented to address human conflicts and despite most of them suggesting increase or stabilization, the reductions have continued...Many wmuss had been rated as LOW HUMAN CONFLICT...by pgc themselves, PRIOR to reduction, even in a previously high deer populated wmu such as 2A. So that excuse holds no water.

"Farmers profit margins are paper thin and the other 92% of non hunting Pennsylvanians don't desire the deer "

WAAA for the poor farmer, we only cut the damn herd in half for not the tiny minority who actually farm, but those that farm AND want rock bottom deer numbers ! See posts on other threads about farmers posting land because of deer slaughter, ehd deaths etc.. Not all landowners want all the deer dead dispite the fact it makes a handy excuse for you extremist pgc supporters.....and again, the cacs were put into place, supposedly for a reason pal. LOL

They also have redtag, dmap, and farmer shoot em up laws that make it legal for them or others they appoint to shoot deer day and night....Again, no excuse for irresponsible deer management..

"in every basket mentality that some of you seem to have. "

You mean those of us who do not support getting screwed by pgc, lies manipulation, and unnecessarily low deer herd with herd levels as low as the lowest states in the nation and going lower? If thats being a basketcase, sign me up. But Id hardly call 80-90% of our ranks deer in every basket mentalities because they arent asnine enough to support the pgc/audubon fraud deer program. My views on the topic are as "middle of the road" as it gets on these issues. Pgc just isnt a beloved agency at this moment in time by any stretch of the imagination. Just ask Alt about his bullet proof vest! LMAO

BTW, the HUGE majority of hunters AND nonhunters did NOT want and beg for fewer deer.

"If you see the P.G.C. as your enemy,then maybe you are involved in the wrong fore-pleasure activities, maybe you'd be more suited to golf"

I have zero interest in golf, and you have a better chance of quitting hunting than it do. But Im sure pgc would benefit us much more as golfers than they do the hunters of this state and thats a fact. No more deer pellets on the greens. Lmao.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Banned

You are right Ben, Those both would be better options than doing nothing other than bending to the will of the gameless commission and their econut agenda.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

When you bring up Dr.Gary Alt you are truly reaching. Why is it you don't hold your fellow hunters whom are actually shooting the deer as responsible as those who are letting them?
And since as long as I've been hunting we have had the one buck rule so for me to see dozens more during the season is pointless.
I manage my land for as many deer as I can and since this is still America the rest of the states land owners have that same privilege.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Banned

"When you bring up Dr.Gary Alt you are truly reaching. Why is it you don't hold your fellow hunters whom are actually shooting the deer as responsible as those who are letting them?"

Alt will always be tied to this fiasco considering the large role he played. I see nothing to gain by forgetting our history and how it ties in with where our future is headed. While you do have somewhat of a point in regards to hunters, My fellow hunters arent an organized group. They also arent paid to manage the deer herd. When I start forking over my green to them for a hunting license each year, to pay them for their management, then I'll hold them more responsible than pgc.

"And since as long as I've been hunting we have had the one buck rule so for me to see dozens more during the season is pointless."

I dont shoot the first buck I see so it doesnt really matter to me. The less available to see, are less available for next year to grow another year. And as for only needing to see one, you also might wanna try telling that to those other than we 10-12% who are successful at getting a buck each year.

"I manage my land for as many deer as I can and since this is still America the rest of the states land owners have that same privilege. "

Hunters shouldnt need to spend $200,000 to have reasonable deer numbers to hunt. There are plenty of private landowners that permit hunting and plenty of gamelands and state forests. They are all hit with far too many tags, and sorry, but I dont see hunters inability or unwillingness to spend the loot on land as a good excuse to let pgc off the hook in regards to the environementalist driven statewide deer program.

Btw, just noticed your sig line....Thats even funnier than liar btbs sig line talking about religion! LOL. Pa's big bucks! LMAO. Thats an oxymoron if Id ever heard one! LOLOLOL. Having that on your posts, your gonna get those who actually hunt Pa to thinking you mentally impaired in some way.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you bring up Dr.Gary Alt you are truly reaching. Why is it you don't hold your fellow hunters whom are actually shooting the deer as responsible as those who are letting them?
If you think stopping other hunters from shooting doe is the answer,does that mean you support the USP lawsuit?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

If you think stopping other hunters from shooting doe is the answer,does that mean you support the USP lawsuit?
No I don't. And Frankly I find the idea of pissing the limited dollars that they have to work withaway defending an ideology that does not meet your objectives absurd.
Hunters are a very small percentage of this states population and the P.G.C. works for all of this states residents and is also handcuffed by federal regulation that effect all of the wildlife PA has to offer.
A few self centered individuals whining should not be considered the basis for a law suit.
I will say it again,start with grass roots program,educate your neighbors set harvest goals and you will see results. Shouting on the INTERNET achieves nothing.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned

"Hunters are a very small percentage of this states population"

But MUCH larger in number than those very few that were seeking less deer. SO dont act as if all this was done for the greatest good....This was done to cater to every whim, all the way, no compromise, to environmental nincompoops and timber industy.

"and the P.G.C. works for all of this states residents and is also handcuffed by federal regulation that effect all of the wildlife PA has to offer.
A few self centered individuals whining should not be considered the basis for a law suit."

Hunter rights should be defendable in court no matter what organization they belong to. On behalf of everyone else, there was the license fee increase denial.

"I will say it again,start with grass roots program,educate your neighbors set harvest goals and you will see results. Shouting on the INTERNET achieves nothing."

Nope. No replacement for proper management practices more like those implemented in just about every other state. Reasonable deer herd goals. Most dont hunt on their own land and Id say most hunt alot more than one piece of land, so "grassroots efforts" begging the neighbors not to shoot deer is not viable option.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS BEST FIX FOR THE BROKEN SYSTEM IN PA??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.