Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Will The Audit Include

Old 05-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Will The Audit Include

Whatever your position on deer management might be BTB is right . There is no sense in getting bent out of shape until you have the results of the audit. You never know, they might hear your point of view. If not, buy a doe tag and burn it. One club told their members not to even buy a doe tag for their land. they created a 10 acre saftey zone for deer and anyone caught pushing will get kicked off. I hunt a 10 acre strip between Lehigh Gorge and a development. There are two does that hang out there during the season. We go out of our way to keep them alive because those big old bucks can't sniff them out and breed them if they are dead.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

alright see we can gain ground when we put some of the childish stuff behind.
Other than the name calling and mud slinging
No there shouldn't be connections but is anyone without them volunteered to do the job?
Spot on bowtruck.

I'm not saying that we should buy into the results when it's done. I bet that qualified contractor could be tied to either the PGC, or some other entity that would make the Cornboy cry foul.
The world of wildlife management is not that large. What is true is that the bird and cornboy have not come up with anything to discredit WMI except to say that they've worked with the PGC before. The other two bidders have also worked with or directly for the PGC.
BTB, it's not so much the fact that WMI has worked with PGC before....It's the work itself. They helped draft the current deer plan! In effect we are asking them to audit their own work! Next time you are up for a raise, give yourself your own performance evaluation. Trust me...you will love the outcome! As for the USP president sanctioning the audit, I could care a less. At this point, and with such limited options, their back is against the wall. They are merely pi$$ing into the wind hoping for a miracle. Again,I urge the sportsmen of PA to personally contact WMI via the links I posted earlier, flood them with calls and emails and make our wishes known in regards to the audit. Ask them the hard questions that the PGC refuses to answer and demand their attention. It's all we can do at this point.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Banned

Some good points SS. Though I really doubt wmi will even take into consideration the voice of individuals in the matters. They were hired by the legislators and thats pretty much all they will most likely answer to. Best bet imho would be to contact Staback or one of the others who will be "overseeing" the audit. I wouldnt bother with Levdansky though. He is no friend of the hunter.

Pats says: "Whatever your position on deer management might be BTB is right . There is no sense in getting bent out of shape until you have the results of the audit."

Pats, while you may be right, we shouldnt get "bent out of shape", btb isnt nor has he ever been right about anything that im aware of. (LOL) He contends that i shouldnt even be pointing out the clear bias because it isnt so. Thats bull****! (LOL) You may be right about shouldnt get bent out of shape, but not because the audit isnt biased. Its because there is nothing that can be done to stop it at this point anyway and it is going through.

But not shooting does and not putting on drives are things ive done all along and will continue to do, as you mention, but its far from a substitute for proper management practice that our gameless commission should be using.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

But not shooting does and not putting on drives are things ive done all along and will continue to do, as you mention, but its far from a substitute for proper management practice that our gameless commission should be using.
Basicly these hunting clubs for the time being are doing their own deer management. they do put on drives on club property, just not in the deer sanctuary they created on their property.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"I know way to many hunters who think the sole purpose of the game commission is to keep an adquate supply of game so they can fill their freezers every year for the cost of the 20 dollar tag. In reality we hunters are nothing more than a wildlife management tool. we should be grateful we have the privilege to hunt instead of crying you don't have enough deer to kill. "

Ha ha ha. Get a life Patsy. People want reasonable responsible management that doesnt cause our states management agency to become the joke of the nation, getting sued, audited, prevented fee increases...cause themselves to be financially run into the ground, reasonable numbers of deer as there SHOULD Be, and stop alienating hunters. If you are nuts enough to equate that to "wanting to fill the freezer for $20". Odds are you have some asnine connection to this moreso than simply as a concerned hunter.

BTW, it is no "PGC GRANTED PRIVILEGE"... hunting is my god given right. Until some arseholes are stupid enough to try and stop me, you'll just have to take my word for that. Hunting has been in existence since the dawn of mankind. Sorry if the "audubon types" want to trivialize that. But doesnt matter, cause I say they can go straight to hell, and im sure most "hunters" would agree with that sentiment 100%.

It would also be basically a right by legal definition if it werent for some of the econuts, like those on HPA like Galthatfishes and others who have fought AGAINST legislation, bills to basically MAKE HUNTING A RIGHT in the state of Pennsylvania in the past few years. Used pathetic excuses like complaining of the bills exact wording etc... when there was no legit reasons to be against. Kinda funny seeing those nonhunter friendly clowns trying to all of a sudden act like "super hunter activists" LMAO, when trying to do damage control (and have to be "hunter oriented" to be taken seriously by hunters) or when they are trying to gain seats on b.o.c board.
Awesome response Cornelius,,,you can speak for me anytime,,,glad i took the time to read all posts
Old 05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some hunters think that DCNR only wants to reduce the herd in areas where they intend to make a cut. But the SCS audit requires that DCNR use DMAP tags to reduce the herd in old growth stands and bioreserve areas. Those areas are over 50% of BOF land and the biodiversity carrying capacity of old growth stands would be considerably less than the CC of forests managed based on a harvest rate of 1%/year.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh my
Old 05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

oh my
What does that mean?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if the audit will explain why after the herd has been reduced by around 40% , we still need more doe tags than were issued in 2000 ,with a 4 day season, in order to keep the herd stable?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I wonder if the audit will explain why after the herd has been reduced by around 40% , we still need more doe tags than were issued in 2000 ,with a 4 day season, in order to keep the herd stable?
Thats one a 5th grader could figure out!.

Go ahead, give it a try, I bet you can be as smart as a 5th grader

Quick Reply: Will The Audit Include

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.