" />

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any one wonder?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any one wonder?

ORIGINAL: the outsider

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Is this like "why did the tick cross the road"?

Doc prescribed antibiotics. Like I have the clap or kootiesor something.
The clap is easier to cure and a lot more fun to catch!
But a little more difficult to explain. Uh, I got it from a toilet seat (honeybunny chuckled in the background as I typed this, but her sense of humor would diminish greatly if it actuallydid happen).
LOL Ida never typed that iff'n the warden were over my shoulder
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Is this like "why did the tick cross the road"?

Doc prescribed antibiotics. Like I have the clap or kootiesor something.
The clap is easier to cure and a lot more fun to catch!
And the fish wardenwould use the patented ugly stick test on the ole lightning rod.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

[/quote]

I got a kick out of the T-shirt and the diploma. If I grajeat from the university of Renovo at Renovo do I get both?
[/quote]

[/align]Sorry outsider,you got to earn that diploma. But if you do,you get a t-shirt made to your specifications.[/align]
Old 05-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Dominant Buck

So with all this support where is Sproulman? How can it be that he hasn't signed on and graced us with his posts? I would have thought that cooler heads prevailed and the management would move ever so slightly towards a place where the members were happy. One click of the mouse and he is turned on again and the world will be a better place. The ticks will suddenly start to migrate back to the deep south in fear for their lives leaving the northeast as the pristine place that once was. With the ticks gone all the deer that TDWW keeps saying have migrated south will return by the millions.

I almost forgot
Old 05-19-2009, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can honestly say i have never had a tick problem like you guys describe. My dog has had em' and I have a had a few crawling on me butt never been hit like you guys. You would think they would be all over, is there a certain type of cover they like or grasses etc.? I have seen in droves on deer when gutting, never been bit....what is it w/ ticks?? Maybe it's all the garlic I put in foods????, I know it doesn't cure flatulence like on another topic here..........but maybe it has an effect on them bugs???
Old 05-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Dominant Buck

We never had them here in Northern Vermont. I have always lived here and never even heard of anyone getting bit much less lyme disease. Things changed and I don't know whether it was a warming trend or what but they have moved north and we have them now. If you don't have them yet you will. They like high grass and thicker scrub type areas especially in areas of high deer concentration. Walk through these areas in damp conditions and better check for ticks when you get home. I can almost guarantee the dog will have them on her if I take her to run in these areas. They stay away from mowed and cleared areas.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

This one can end. No wondering anymore. Done deal........ he is baaaaaaaaaack.