Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Care to guess where this came from?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Care to guess where this came from?

It's been kind of boring around here lately. I copied this from another site and thought maybe we could chew on it for awhile. Anybody care to guess who said it and where it came from? I will give you a hint. Almost all of the other members of the site agreed with this person. Need I say more?

Originally Posted By: protriple
[/align]hopefully he's better than Russ Schleiden
[/align][/align]

You are asking for alot, aren't you?

I didn't agree with Russ on the crossbow issue, wish it would have been introduced more slowly and measured, but Russ was perhaps- one of the best Commissioners we ever had.

So was Rox.

Both had the courage to do whatever it took to do what they felt best.

I admire those qualities.

I look back through history. Russ and Rox make it up there with some greats. Gifford Pinchot, Jay Norwood "Ding" Darling, Aldo Leopold, Roosevelt, Pittman, Robertson...

Some unpopular choices- of the day. But benefited every blessed one of us at some point.

Let's focus on the big picture at the end of the day rather than what you wanted at that moment.

Who knows where the crossbow issue will be in years to come.. but the point is, they did what they felt was best. And I promise, they thought about every single person they knew in the process.

Sometimes, you just have to do what you think is right and have the courage to make that choice.

Would you, given their knowledge of the issues (they do have meetings, ya know), been able to do what was right; rather than what was "popular"?

I don;t know what will happen with the crossbow, but herd reduction is now herd stabilization in most of the state. We had a buck harvested over 300 lbs, a trophy whitetail a year ago in archery...mentored youth hunting..

So many benefits!!!!!

I'll miss Rox and Russ, and hope their wisdom on the departing issue ends a non-issue to the majority of us.

Yep. I hope he's better than Russ, because he too, will rank up there with some of those I admire most- even when I may disagee.

How many people can any of us say that about?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

Default RE: Care to guess where this came from?

That my friend would be Ms. Antideer Davis. I read it already, but wouldve recognized that rediculous diatribe anywhere. That site is also the only place on the planet you will find the absolute worst commissioners in the history of our game commission referred to as basically heroes!~ LMFAO!

She also speaks often of ol' "ding", short for ding-bat, and about the only person who would affectionately refer to the ex-anti-deer queen as "ROX" andnot a no good rottenson-of-a--.Or an @#$*&&^, or *****. (LOL)

Russ, and "Rox"...WISE?? lmao. Thats new one. Though compared to the posts author they are downright brilliant. LOL.[8D]

Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Care to guess where this came from?