Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Got A Pa Bear Today

Old 05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Got A Pa Bear Today

I'm sick of bears. I have bears tearing up my trash. Bears eating my raspberries. Tearing up my garden. Bears screwing up my gobbler setups TWICE this season so far. One even got my decoy. And now I had one in the windshield of my Cavalier today. Was on my way to the turkey woods, and just hit 50-55mph. Suddenly there he was....came up out of a driveway and I never even had a chance to hit the brakes. I ducked and shielded my face with my hand for the obvious impact, and when the airbags went off I got a knuckle sandwich. He hit the windshield, over the roof, down on the trunk and onto the road. I seen stars. How I got the car stopped without hitting anything else is beyond me. I got untangled from the airbag, and stumbled out of the car. Through broken glasses, I could see the bear staggering through the parking lot of a tourist shop. I got a ride home, and at daylight we went looking for him and found him still alive behind the tourist shop. The PGC NC Headquarters was notified when they opened at 0700 and by 8:30am WCO Rich Shire arrived and dispatched the bear. I commend WCO Shire and his DWCO whose name I can't remember for their quick action. Shire was notified of the mishap at 0800 and by 0830 he was on the scene.

My only negative comments go to our PGC BOCS.......

C'mon folks! WAKE UP! The bears are out of hand up here in the NC AND YOU AND YOUR BIOLOGISTS KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!. We need some RELIEF! Longer seasons, extended seasons, or whatever it takes! But this population explosion NEEDS ADDRESSED NOW!

Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Got A Pa Bear Today

Glad your ok and did'nt get hurt,,,,guess this year i'll pay for a non res. liscense and hunt bear,,,God knows i wont see a deer!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Spike

Yeah glad your ok. there could have been a lot worse. Can always replace a car.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Hitit on route 6?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

Yes on Rt 6. Rough Cut Lodge in Gaines.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow!

Some story! Glad to hear that you weren't hurt beyond the knuckle sandwich!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

That'll get the blood flowing - Wow![:@]
Glad your doing OK
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks folks. The soreness is subsiding, a rental car will be delivered to my door tomorrow in the AM. The insurance adjuster will be here to tell us if the car is totaled, which he thinks it will be.

Hopefully this time next week I'll be driving something a little more bear proof and back at chasing the feathered devils.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing is for sure and that is one hunt you will never forget ,even though you didn't get to go hunting. Good luck on getting that long beard. You deserve one after that.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

How's about a Dakota with a 2" diameter pipe brush guard? [8D]

Better luck with dem bears andturkeys in the weeks to come.

Quick Reply: Got A Pa Bear Today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.