Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Got A Pa Bear Today

Old 05-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got A Pa Bear Today

ORIGINAL: DennyF

How's about a Dakota with a 2" diameter pipe brush guard? [8D]

Better luck with dem bears andturkeys in the weeks to come.
I dont know Den, hittin one with a Dakota would be kinda like stinging him with a .22. It'll Just make him mad!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

I was thinking more on the terms of an old L Model Mack.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a ongoing problem here in New Jersey
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Well.....it's official. Car is totaled. Will be getting a new set of glasses courtesy of Mr Bruin to.

It's time for a longer archery bear season. I'd also like to see the firearms bear season begin on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and run right through the week until the following Saturday for a season or two. I'd also like to see an extended season during firearm deer season for a year. I don't want to see them exterminated like we did in some areas with the deer, I'd just like to see a few less bears. There are just to damned many.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like has been said...Glad you're OK. I understand your sentiments. We're steadily seeing bear around our camp in 2G and have had some close experiences this year already. We don't go out at night anymore without a flashlight and a quick look-see.
Down home in Indiana Co., we have a problem with bears dumping our garbage all over the road and scattering it. I fixed that problem by spraying the containers with PB Blaster. The bears don't like it at all. But the darn crows have become handy at causing clean-up now. Seems a guy can't win.......
Old 05-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Close call and glad you are all right.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Just seeing what happens to some vehicles when they hit deer is frightening. Hitting an animal that's bigger and tougher, your accident could have been worse. Glad to hear you are "OK"! I know it sucks,but you can replace the vehicle. [/align][/align][/align]Bring back SPROUL!!![/align]
Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many Spurs glad your OK!! Atleast thats one less bear you have to worry about!! Pike
Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks folks. I don't know which is worse....dealing with the bears....or dealing with the damned insurance company.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Many years ago a Potter uncle hit an angus beefer that probably weighed about 600lbs or more. It was standing in the middle of a small bridge on a foggy,rainy night, unc never saw it until it was too late. Couldn't have gotten around it anyway, if he had seen it. He hit with a big ol' 1957 Buick, back in the days before seatbelts.

Totaled both the angus and the Buick, almost totaled my aunt and uncle. We used to pick on him for buying old Buicks, but after that deal, he said he'd never drive anything else. Back then, his "other car" was a B-60 Mack. As Manyspurs noted, usually ain't much of a fuss hitting stuff on four legs,with one of them rascals.

Quick Reply: Got A Pa Bear Today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.