Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA DEER AUDIT UPDATE.....

Old 05-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

Default RE: PA DEER AUDIT UPDATE.....

Well Jim, gee i donno. I wasnt exactly directed by the legislators to search out the auditor, nor was I given the details of all those that placed bids!!

There couldnt have been a worse choice if objectivity was desired. That was supposed to be the case, but as we are finding out, thats nothing but a joke. Others may have been better....

Even if NOONE else couldve done an audit, you dont do a half-arsed 100% biased audit. You do none at all, and resolve matter some other way. It doesnt matter though, as this audit will go forward, we will be screwed in the process and aint a thing gonna stop it now.

Btw, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about no "ties to Pa, deer or both". I have no problem with anyone that has ties to "deer" Lmao! Its the ANTIDEER arseholes I have a problem with.As for "ties to Pa" that was clearly stated by the legislators since day one. Not MY criteria. Supposedly theirs. Though I agree with them, thats exactly how it SHOULD have been, audit pgc with idiots that have ties to the organization is the most asnine thing Ive ever herd of short of Dr. Alts deer plan.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have yet to see any suggestion as to who might be better qualified to do the audit. Whom do you propose should do this thing?

WMI is used by game agencies all over the country. 40 states and 4 provinces have used them for similar purposes. They are not PGC puppets. Look at the last time that WMI looked at the PGC. They weren't exactly full of praisethen were they?

It'd be kind of ironic if the forces that have been clamoring for the audit wind up shooting themselves in the foot by demanding it in the first place. Hope you got steel toed shoes

I'm with Jim, I prefer to continue to find ways to capitalize on the hunting opportunities that still abound in this state. Whatever the audit concludes, my family, friends and I will find a way to continue to enjoy oursport in this great state.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

In this quote the PGC acknowledges it is managing the herd based on population trends just as other states, versus managing based on herd health and forest health.
It's important to remember deer populations everywhere have always been managed principally through analysis of trends in collected data designed to examine the composition of deer populations and to measure changes that occur within them. Because this analysis is based on population and harvest samples, it's not an exact science and never will be. Many states use this approach, recognizing precision is limited to a generalized assessment of how many deer are inhabiting a WMU or large area. We're no different, but we are working to improve our ability to measure changes in the deer population and habitat health.
May Kroll could do the audit. It would be fun to see him agree with the PGC that the herd should be ,managed at the biodiversity carrying capacity.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

I for one can't wait for the audit to be completed. Just curious as too the conclusion of our deer program. But I think everyone already knows. The deer program is not perfect and needs some tweaking. "But", then again.What is the perfect deer program?[/align]That may be one of the problems? To many opinions. I'll let others dwell on this issue while I'm enjoying my time outdoors at every opportunity that I'm able to be in the woods.[/align]
Old 05-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

May Kroll could do the audit. It would be fun to see him agree with the PGC that the herd should be ,managed at the biodiversity carrying capacity.
WMI, Kroll, it doesnt matter. You will dismiss, spinor twist the results if they don't suit you. Actually it'll be a combo of all three

I for one can't wait for the audit to be completed. Just curious as too the conclusion of our deer program. But I think everyone already knows. The deer program is not perfect and needs some tweaking. "But", then again.What is the perfect deer program?
[/align]That may be one of the problems? To many opinions. I'll let others dwell on this issue while I'm enjoying my time outdoors at every opportunity that I'm able to be in the woods.
Great idea Greg, I'm headed for camp in about a half hour
Old 05-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forget Kroll!! I want our very own DR, Chris Rosenberry to do the audit!!
After all he managed Chesapeake Farms located in Kent Co. MD. at over 300 deer per forested Square mile. Check out the link below!!
I use to hunt bordering Chesapeake Farms (formally Remington Farms & the Dupont Estate) and their 3,000 acres is less than 20% forested and made up mostly of useless mature pines. You can see 100 deer easy in any field. Pike

QDMA Article Link
Old 05-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

[/quote]
Bob,I know you have been doing some work at camp. When you get to camp,it is also alright to enjoy some hunting or fishing. Doctors orders! Have a good weekend![/align]
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

WMI, Kroll, it doesnt matter. You will dismiss, spinor twist the results if they don't suit you. Actually it'll be a combo of all three

I for one can't wait for the audit to be completed. Just curious as too the conclusion of our deer program. But I think everyone already knows. The deer program is not perfect and needs some tweaking. "But", then again.What is the perfect deer program?

[/align]That may be one of the problems? To many opinions. I'll let others dwell on this issue while I'm enjoying my time outdoors at every opportunity that I'm able to be in the woods.

Good luck BTB and Blkpowder. Hope you get on some birds. I was fortunate to bag a really good one opening morning but that second tag is burning a whole in my license holder. Hope to get out a while in the a.m. Be safe out there and for God's sake watch out for ticks! My buddy didn't use repellent last weekend and had three in him. Luckily no rash or syptoms yet.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: J Pike

Forget Kroll!! I want our very own DR, Chris Rosenberry to do the audit!!
After all he managed Chesapeake Farms located in Kent Co. MD. at over 300 deer per forested Square mile. Check out the link below!!
I use to hunt bordering Chesapeake Farms (formally Remington Farms & the Dupont Estate) and their 3,000 acres is less than 20% forested and made up mostly of useless mature pines. You can see 100 deer easy in any field. Pike

QDMA Article Link

Isn't that ironic? These same QDM crowd that scream for the butcher of the herd on public land typically support incredibly high densities on the lands they manage. If I recall we just had a conversation this week with a PGC supporter that claimed that only forested habitat could sustain high deer densities as browse is the cure all end all of deer management, food plots and other food sources wouldn't cut it without access to high quality and amounts of browse. Hmm.....
Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

Good luck BTB and Blkpowder. Hope you get on some birds. I was fortunate to bag a really good one opening morning but that second tag is burning a whole in my license holder. Hope to get out a while in the a.m. Be safe out there and for God's sake watch out for ticks! My buddy didn't use repellent last weekend and had three in him. Luckily no rash or syptoms yet.
Steel,congradulations! I started a thread Turkey Season. Would like to hear a reply in the thread withmore detail about your hunt and a photo if possible?[/align]

Quick Reply: PA DEER AUDIT UPDATE.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.