Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA DEER AUDIT UPDATE.....

Old 05-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Default RE: PA DEER AUDIT UPDATE.....

&^%$% double post!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Banned

"an orderly,well planned and intellectually carried outassault will surly bring more satisfying results with far fewer casualties"

And that plan would be?????

How much initiative have you taken in this 'plan' thus far?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

&^%$% double post!
Work on your reading comprehension, I've never supported the level of herd reduction that has been taking place. How ever I am intelligent enough to know my experience and hands on knowledgeare from my area of the state. 1b and 1A, who am I to tell people on the other side of the state how to manage their land?
I have seen with my own eyes the incredible results that AR's can haveif education over adrenaline are used before pulling the trigger.[:-]
In my area the majority of all land is in private hands, we make our on decisions on what gets shot and what doesn't. I guess if you live and hunt on state land you will be under the thumb of the state.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

"an orderly,well planned and intellectually carried outassault will surly bring more satisfying results with far fewer casualties"

And that plan would be?????

How much initiative have you taken in this 'plan' thus far?
I know my neighbor's, one family is large 5 men and plenty of grand kids, I find farmersout side my area that want does killed and get these kids a place to hunt in the early youth season, they get to shoot deer ,the farmers are happy and I'm tickled pink cause they won't be shooting does here.
As for most of the elders they just want to shoot a buck and I'm all for it,the sooner they are home with a 1.5 year old 8 point the better my chances are for a mature buck.
It really isn't rocket science, I see what these guys want and I make it happen for them and my hunting is better for it.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

"Work on your reading comprehension, I've never supported the level of herd reduction that has been taking place."

Gee, thats really swell Jim. Butwhat have you doneabout it other than critisize those who actually are doing something?

"How ever I am intelligent enough to know my experience and hands on knowledgeare from my area of the state. 1b and 1A, who am I to tell people on the other side of the state how to manage their land?"

Wedont like it any more than youclaim toJim. And Pgc is managing the state deer herd on any lands that matter....Those which arent posted every tree and off limits... Your excuse holds no water. There are cacs to address human conflict and even prior to that, the majority of wmus rated conflict as low.

"I have seen with my own eyes the incredible results that AR's can haveif education over adrenaline are used before pulling the trigger.[:-] "

I support antler restrictions. I said nothing about them. though they alone are not enough for me to support the total and continuing deer slaughter. Ideally, and there is no reason for there not to be, ar along with SOME herd growth, which in many areas there is no reason other than econuts and bioextremism dictating that there not be.

"In my area the majority of all land is in private hands, we make our on decisions on what gets shot and what doesn't. I guess if you live and hunt on state land you will be under the thumb of the state"

you are "under the thumb" of econut deer plan no matter where you hunt if the land isnt off limits and the herd management is taken seriously by the owner of said land.. That goes for gamelands, stateforest, other public lands and private land where hunting is permitted yet the landowner has no "scientific management plan" of their own in place, which would probably be by far MOST private land statewide!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

Thats fine and dandy, and thats just great youve found a solution you are happy with...but thats not a reasonable solution for the hunters of pa in regard to gross deer herd mismanagement.

There are far fewer deer than there should be and declining thanks to ecoidiots dictating. Im not gonna crawl in some little hole keep my mouth shut and take part in subpar hunting, with a big smile. If thats your "technique"of countering the pgc mismanagement and to you that is being smart...>LOL...good luck with that.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some hunters are only concerned about their own success and couldn't care less about there fellow hunters or the future of the PGC and deer hunting for future generations.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats fine and dandy, and thats just great youve found a solution you are happy with...but thats not a reasonable solution for the hunters of pa in regard to gross deer herd mismanagement.

There are far fewer deer than there should be and declining thanks to ecoidiots dictating. Im not gonna crawl in some little hole keep my mouth shut and take part in subpar hunting, with a big smile. If thats your "technique"of countering the pgc mismanagement and to you that is being smart...>LOL...good luck with that.
Perhaps you've heard this.

Give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

"Give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."

Of course I have. Keep praying that prayerand maybe that wisdom will come. If you dont think people can ever change things by the will of the many you are clearly in need of prayer.

I think I'll pass on the advice. I dont even believe you are a concerned hunter. i think you're full of bull***. Most likely a conservationist, or other antideer factionand most likely post on hpa regularly. Those are the only types that would ever dream of replying as you have after all the damning evidence and proofyou recieve from us regularly in regards to pgc, the deer sham plan and now this audit... you dont wanna hear it! Well tough chit! Your gonna hear it as long as you read my posts! Youre gonna hear it now, youre gonna hear it tomorrow and youre gonna hear it next week....as long as there is corruption and complete b.s. going on, Im gonna opposed it.

I find it hilarious you admit there are problems and admit the deck is stacked, yet dont have a problem with it, but have a problem with those that do? Brilliant.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

More interesting snippets about this "unbiased" audit... Alt and Shissler work for the same agency they put together as consultants... Alt was instrumental in the formation of our deer plan.... Wmi doing the audit...

Shissler the econut...the supposed "critic"....has worked with wmi and pgc!!

--------------------------------------------

"
Bryon P. Shissler C.W.B.

[blockquote]

As a certified wildlife biologist for NRC Inc., Mr. Shissler has been involved in providing a broad range of ecological services including assisting communities, and property owners with the assessment, management planning and administration of overabundant deer problems, environmental assessments, landuse planning, low impact development, environmental impact statements, natural resource inventories, wetland delineations, mitigations and replacement, wildlife and forestry management planning, and expert witness services. He has served as a consultant on deer and forest ecology to Audubon Pennsylvania, Scientific Certification Systems, and the Forest Stewardship Council.. Mr. Shissler is currently under contract with the Pinchot Institute of Conservation to conduct a national evaluation of deer management programs and how they have or have not integrated ecosystem management concepts. He also serves as the director of the Ecosystem Management Project administered by the Community Foundation For the Alleghenies.

Bryon has served as an adjunct professor for Penn State University, published over 85 juried and popular articles on forest ecology, natural history, and natural resources management; and served as Conservation Editor for the Pennsylvania Sportsmen Magazine and as a columnist for Pennsylvania Wildlife. He has development and taught dozens of professional and popular workshops, through Penn State University, Community Colleges, Audubon Pennsylvania and individual communities and clients. Mr. Shissler has, on behalf of many clients, conducted public meetings on controversial issues with the goal of identifying common values, goals and opportunities for resolution.

EDUCATION

West Virginia University, Morgantown, M.S. Wildlife Management, 1981.
Pennsylvania State University, State College, B.S. Biology, 1976.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Wildlife Biologist - Wildlife Managers: 1981 to 1989
President - Natural Resource Consultants Inc. : 1983 to present

PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS

Certified Wildlife Biologist (1988)
Growth Management Task Force, Lancaster County Planning Commission - 1991
Deer Management Forum- Audubon Pennsylvania 2001 - Present
Deer Management Team, Pennsylvania Game Commission 2000 - 2004
Wildlife Management Institute/Pennsylvania Game Commission�s Deer Management Working
Group, 1997-1999
Governor�s Sportsmen Advisory Council, 1994-1998
Forest Stewardship Council, Certification Working Group, Central Appalachian Region,
1997 - 2000
DCNR Ecosystem Management Advisory Committee, 1996-1997
Conestoga Valley Association Board of Directors - 1983-1990
Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen�s Clubs, Game Committee Chairman - 1986
State Forest Stewardship Committee - 1994
Member - Ecological Society of America
- Natural Areas Association
- Society for Ecological Restoration
- Society for Conservation Biology
- The Wildlife Society

Given this nonsense, this audit should be boxed.
[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: PA DEER AUDIT UPDATE.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.